47

༊*·˚ fools

"looks like drunk you is acting like sober you wants to act." myunghee giggled.

"isn't that what happens when people get drunk? drunk words are sober thoughts?"

"so you still like donghyuck."

hyerin stopped and myunghee spun to look at her.

"you can't keep lying to yourself. you guys keep going in circles this shit is never ending. you wanted him back in your life and he didn't want you, now you want him gone and he wants you back. come on!"

she started walking again. "i simply lost patience," she admits in a quiet tone. "anyways, you and kiya. when are you both going to cave in?"

myunghee grinned. "i think we did."

"what?!"

"last night at the party we ended up at my place and i remember us kissing but everything's a blur and i remember waking up and she was gone. haven't heard from her since."

that sounded familiar.

"why don't you reach out to her?"

she shrugged. "i don't know. i... i think she thinks it was a mistake."

"you're going to start to overthink without even knowing things? you're starting to sound a lot like me." hyerin snorted.

myunghee grinned. "but what happened last night? i dont recall everything but i remember telling you about junmin and you started to act strange. what happened?"

hyerin's breath got caught in her throat. "it's nothing, really, me and him just don't get along. never did."

"didn't you guys date?"

she started to feel sick. "yeah. yeah, we did but... can we talk about something else?"

"of course! i didn't want to make you upset, i'm sorry." she rubbed hyerin's arm. "let's get ice cream?"

"let's."

<3

hyerin could feel her anxiety symptoms settling in on monday morning. she hardly managed to eat breakfast without wanting to throw it up. she left half the toast on the plate and gave her uncle the excuse of saying she was on her period and didn't feel like eating it anymore. it worked and that's all that mattered.

she arrived at the school gates and scanned the area to make sure he wasn't around and she saw no sign of him. he was pretty easy to spot anyways given his fanclub that followed him around. hyerin found myunghee and dongmin inside by her locker most likely gossiping - actually, she would be gossiping and he would be listening. 

"hyerin!" she shouted and opened her arms. "thank god, you're alive."

she arched a brow. "what made you think i wasn't?"

"you didn't reply to my texts."

with the anxious thoughts clouding her mind, she'd forgotten to check and myunghee was right. six texts from eleven last night to half six this morning.