09

༊*·˚ fools

"psst..."

hyerin had been occupied looking out onto the field watching some of the juniors doing their physical education class that she didn't even notice myunghee's presence beside her until she sat down.

"you looked like you were in a daze," she scoffed. "is everything ok?"

"yeah, everything's fine. what are you doing here i thought you had a class?"

myunghee's lips stretched into a smile. "i went for a bathroom break but found you here and decided to see you."

"ah..."

"if you need some time alone, i can leave?" she suggested.

hyerin shook her head. "you can stay."

myunghee relaxed her body and adjusted her position knowing she would be staying for longer. the girl tucked a few fallen strands of her pin-straight hair behind her ear.

"so... did you know donghyuck got into a fight?"

hyerin's head turned at her words. "what?"

she knew; she'd seen the bruises along his knuckles the previous day even though he'd tried to hide them.

"apparently it was some guy from a different school that was trying something with his sister but the guy's dad is the school principal so it doesn't look like he has it easy..." myunghee explained.

hyerin looked back towards the field. "he can get out of the situation. he knows what he's doing."

when she realised hyerin wasn't that interested in the topic, myunghee dropped the conversation.

"anyways, i'm excited for the sleepover this weekend!" she exclaimed with a genuine happy smile.

"because you get to see my uncle or that you get to spend more time with me?" hyerin teased.

the girl's smile faded. "i don't have a crush on your uncle- how many times?!" she groaned, frustrated.

hyerin snickered. "ok, ok. you should start going back to class before your teacher nags you."

"you got that right..." she mumbled. "see you at lunch!" myunghee jumped up and walked back inside the building leaving hyerin by herself.

minutes later, on the opposite side of the school, some doors are burst open and a boy with light-ish brown hair and tanned skin stepped out looking fed up.

lee donghyuck, of course.

a footstep behind him was the school principal trying to reason with him – that's what it seemed like to hyerin anyway – while he just wasn't listening. eventually, the principal stopped talking halfway and his chest deflated as he gave the kid an unimpressed look followed by a sigh before he headed back inside the doors he'd exited.

hyerin deterred her eyes from him and back to the kids on the field for a while longer until she felt like she was good enough and picked up her bag from beside her to head inside again.