16

༊*·˚ fools

thursday evening hyerin was at her desk in her own world thinking of the pros and cons of attending renjun's party and it went as follows. pros: get out of the house; see some new people. cons: donghyuck. pros didn't weigh out the cons but she still wanted to go. donghyuck's presence couldn't deter her from having, potential, fun in life.

so, she did the next best thing and confided with her uncle who was in his office with jeju on the chair opposite.

"can i have your opinion on something?"

"of course, always." he put his pen and the papers he was writing on down.

"jaemin invited me to a party renjun's hosting and he discussed with the others. they all wanted me to go apart from jeno and donghyuck. the problem is, i know that if i show up donghyuck's going to start something and i don't want to ruin the night."

and he told her exactly what she thought he would.

"i think you should go."

she did the bread smile still uncertain.

"don't restrict yourself just because donghyuck is at some place. with that logic, you shouldn't even be attending school since you're both in the same class. besides, i know you can put him in his place."

she snickered. "you sure display a lot of confidence in me."

"because i know you. if you need me to drop you off then give me a shout on the day and i'll do the honours. i haven't seen those kids in a long time."

"and you're not going to see them. we're not friends, they just invited me to their party."

he grinned. "baby steps, hyerin, baby steps."

she blinked then rolled her eyes and walked out going back upstairs to watch some videos she kept on her watch later that kept piling up.

just before bed, she opened the messaging app and texted jaemin.

hey
is the party invite still up?

he responded four minutes later.

ofc

she replied as soon as she received it.

then i wanna go

his reply was almost instantaneous.

good (:
i'm glad you've decided to come
i'll tell the others
c u tomorrow

she didn't even reply and instead put her phone down going to sleep.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"you're going to the party?"

"you guys weren't invited?" she raised a brow.

"i'm pretty sure it's open house but we didn't get an invite, no. of course we aren't as special to them as miss moon hyerin." myunghee did one of those curtsey bows. "but i'm not going."