05

༊*·˚ fools

"what is it with you and my uncle?" hyerin questioned myunghee over lunch in the school's busy cafeteria.

dongmin arched a brow at myunghee who scoffed.

"you're making it weird."

"you'd already made it weird!"

"it's not my fault your uncle is good looking!" myunghee defended.

dongmin choked on his water.

hyerin narrowed her eyes at her. "he's double your age."

"doesn't mean he can't be good looking. he's, like, a middle-aged man but he acts like a college student, come on!" myunghee tried to reason.

perhaps once a month or once every two months he would meet up with his university friends and they'd go out for drinks or to clubs in some of the nicer parts of the city. in addition, he was single and he'd had a lot of flings and relationships in the past but never settled down with anyone. for the past two years, hyerin hadn't seen her uncle with any woman and it was mainly his job's fault but she also believed she played a part in that, too.

"anyway," myunghee changed the subject and dug into her food. "we have this new project in geography where we have to work in partners and i'm dreading my next lesson."

"what's so bad about it?"

"i don't know anything about the girl i'm partnered up with! she barely talks anyway. perhaps she's shy but it makes things awkward..." myunghee mumbled.

"i'm pretty happy with my partner," dongmin commented.

myunghee looked at him. "no one asked." she turned back to hyerin. "so, good luck to you. i hope you get partnered with someone decent."

hyerin had geography right after lunch so in less than thirty minutes she would find out who her partner was for the project. she wasn't necessarily looking forward to it.

"what if we went bowling on sunday?" myunghee suggested.

"that sounds like a very good idea," hyerin agreed.

"i'm in," dongmin complied.

"perfect! sunday bowling at one. don't forget." myunghee wadded her fingers between her two friends.

just as the friends were talking and laughing amongst themselves, donghyuck and lina across the cafeteria were eying the cherry-colour haired girl. renjun caught on to what they were doing and followed to see who they were both watching.

"what are you going to do?" renjun asked.

donghyuck looked at the boy. "nothing," he responded with a shrug.

it sounded believable enough so renjun dropped it. but gina wasn't liking the fact that her boyfriend wasn't stepping in to defend her over what happened yesterday so she took it into her own hands and marched over. her departure made everyone's attention turn to her and once donghyuck realised where she was heading, he raised his head.

gina tapped hyerin's shoulder when she got to their table.

"i'm sorry about yest-"