14

༊*·˚ fools

"he said that to you?" myunghee scoffed as the trio walked to school the next day side-by-side.

"do you want me to go punch him or something?" dongmin suggested, jaw clenched.

hyerin shook her head. "no, he doesn't deserve you getting into trouble because of him."

"hyerin, i don't care. he can't talk to you like that-"

myunghee gave him a look of warning that made him instantly purse his lips into a flat line and shut up when she noticed it wasn't what hyerin wanted.

"i told you guys as an explanation as to why i disappeared on saturday. he left and i went to sleep because i had a massive head ache from crying then when i woke up again everyone was asleep," she explained.

myunghee pouted. "my poor baby."

"don't call me that. i'm older than you," hyerin grinned.

she headed to class and kept her head down the entire time trying to keep her focus on whatever the teachers were teaching instead of donghyuck because she couldn't stand the sight of him.

jaemin, being one to pick up on small details, noticed something was up between both of them and turned around to his friend.

"what did you do to hyerin?"

donghyuck turned his head to look at him. "what makes you think i did something?"

"i know you by now, lee donghyuck."

he chuckled. "why do you even care about her?"

"she's my friend?"

donghyuck was amused at jaemin's reply. "do you like her?"

"like what?"

"what way do you think, dumbass?"

"no, i don't but you don't have to like someone to know you're acting like a complete piece of shit towards her," jaemin responded. "she doesn't deserve that."

"do you hear yourself talking sometimes? it's hilarious," donghyuck scoffed before turning back to the teacher with an unamused face.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"so this is my partner from that geography project," hyerin inteoduces. "hwang kiya."

"can i sit with you guys?"

hyerin shuffled across and moved her bag to the floor. "of course, help yourself."

"thank you," she thanked, shyly, and took the seat beside hyerin.

"so this is my best friend, hyerin, that i always talk about," myunghee introduced.

"nice to meet you."

both girls smiled at each other.

"i like your hair!" kiya pointed out.

hyerin ran a hand through it. "thank you."