31

༊*·˚ fools

for some reason, hyerin felt like going to the club that night, so, she texted myunghee to say she was getting ready and they'll meet outside of it. upon sending that text, she let out a puff of air before going to choose an outfit.

she'd spent the afternoon talking to chani, donghyuck's sister, about the details for tomorrow. tomorrow.

it was making her feel uneasy.

but, she shrugged and continued to pick something to wear hoping that she could get her mind off of things tonight and just had fun. it'd been a while since she'd had some proper fun and let loose. although, she still wasn't a hundred percent okay with the idea because a part of her would always remain hyper-vigilant just in case.

an hour and a bit later she was leaning against the wall of bubblegum with the nightly breeze combing her hair as she waited for myunghee. she had a habit of being late.

minutes passed and she felt the warm fingertips of someone on her cold arm making her instantly turn to see who it was.

"hey, what are you doing out here by yourself?"

jeno.

"i'm waiting for myunghee," she mumbled.

he stuffed his hand back into his pocket. "do you want to wait with us inside?"

"no, it's fine."

"do you want me to wait with you?"

she gave him a kind smile. "she should be here soon so don't worry. you go inside and i'll probably see you later in the night."

he was unsure but he could tell hyerin wanted to be left alone so he didn't pester her any longer and gave her a smile before walking off to get his ID checked.

just like she'd expected, myunghee showed up no more than five minutes later out of breath and looking very apologetic.

"i'm so sorry to keep you waiting. my dress ripped and we needed to stop for gas then- whatever. let's go, i've wasted enough time." she took hyerin's hand and didn't let go until they were at the bar. "you look cute today."

hyerin was just wearing an off the shoulder black top and shorts. myunghee had showed up in a short dress that hugged her body but also gave her space to breathe.

"are you drinking tonight?" myunghee yelled over the music.

she pursed her lips. one small drink wouldn't knock her unconscious, would it?

hyerin shook her head. "i'll get some lychee juice or a mocktail or something."

myunghee grinned. "okay."

she preferred to stay on the safe side for now.

myunghee didn't leave her side right away, in fact hyerin was probably with her for an hour or so until she waddled off to do her own thing.

she took this time to dispose of her cup and use the bathroom. she came out and in the corner of her eyes she saw the guys but there was something else.