06

༊*·˚ fools

"... and that's how my dad invented coffee!" johnny exclaimed.

jaehyun scoffed from beside her and dongyoung rolled his eyes. it was something johnny always around new people to break the ice.

hyerin chuckled at his attempt. so far, she didn't have any reasons to complain since all the guys were nice to her. dongyoung had poured her a drink and jaehyun put some of the hot pot into her bowl.

towards the end, someone came through the restaurant's front door and since she was sat facing it, she got a good view of who it was. he also saw her very clearly and didn't look at all impressed especially when he started marching towards the table.

renjun trailed behind him wanting to keep some distance.

"what is she doing here with you guys?" he snapped, pointing at her from the edge of the table.

"donghyuck, that's not how you-"

"shut up."

dongyoung got up from his seat once he realised how uncomfortable hyerin was and how rude he was being to her to go talk to him calmly. it obviously didn't work but dongyoung dragged him outside by the arm and renjun followed in silence.

the guys all shared looks amongst themselves wondering what the fuck was donghyuck's deal.

"sorry about him," taeyong apologised.

"it's fine. i'm used to his stuff by now. i'm sorry for what he did, it's more my fault for being here with you guys," she apologised as dongyoung returned to his seat beside her.

"what was his deal?" taeil questioned.

dongyoung shook his head. "he's just being an annoying teenage boy."

"well, i'll talk to him," taeyong mumbled. "he can't go around talking to people like that."

afterwards, they stayed for a while longer just to talk to each other and three of the guys – jungwoo, yuta and jaehyun – headed outside of the restaurant. a minute or so later, she joined them to catch some fresh air that she'd needed only to find them all smoking.

"oh, hope you guys don't mind me staying out here with you."

"not one bit," yuta spoke, puffing out some of the grey-ish smoke from his lips.

she wanted to ask them for one for her to smoke so she could relax a bit but felt like it wasn't a good look for a high schooler to be asking older guys for a cigarette. although, her desire was greater than her fear so she caved in and asked jaehyun for one.

"you smoke? aren't you seventeen?" he arched a brow.

"i do it every once in a while."

he took the box from his pocket and tilted it in her direction. she patted her pockets only to realise she'd left her lighter at home so instead jungwoo offered his.

"thanks."

he just gave her a nod and smile.

the four of them stayed talking until the very last cigarette was stomped out on the concrete before heading inside again to sit with the guys but by the time that happened they were all putting on their coats.