19

༊*·˚ fools

after dongmin stopped at her place for her to get her skates, they went to an ice rink but this time a different one from before that kiya had instructed him to drive to. it was busier but didn't look as shabby.

"you skate competitively?" kiya asked hyerin as she tied up her laces.

"not anymore."

kiya frowned. "how come?"

hyerin frowned. "some stuff that happened..."

"oh, i'm sorry i didn't mean to-"

she gave her a smile and shook her head. "you're fine, don't worry. do you know how to skate?"

"yeah, i used to do it all the time during christmas when they'd have fairs that had ice rinks and stuff. i was a danger to all the kids there."

hyerin scoffed. "that's good to know at least. those two suck but beg me every other day to go skating. they just sit and watch."

the pair looked back at myunghee and dongmin who were, once again, going at it for something neither of them could make out because they were too far away to hear, yet they still laughed.

hyerin whistled to get their attention. "married couple, save your arguments for later. let's do some skating?"

a solid hour of gliding around on ice later, myunghee called quits because her legs were getting tired and consequently everyone else left the ice, too.

"hey, hyerin!" dongmin called her from the other side of the room. he looked at a poster on the wall and picked up a leaflet from the tablet below it bringing it to her. "i saw this and figured you could be interested?"

it was an advertisement for a figure skating competition in six weeks' time.

myunghee snatched the piece of paper off her and skimmed through. "you should go."

"no. i don't-"

"yes, you do. whatever you say you don't have, you do. you have the skills, you have the means, you have everything. the only thing stopping you is yourself."

hyerin's shoulders sank. "i haven't skated properly in a long time!"

"get some private lessons! talk to your uncle about it show him the ad!" myunghee replied in the same tone.

hyerin huffed.

"i know i was literally only just invited here but i think you should do it," kiya advised.

"three against one." dongmin smirked. "come on, let's go." he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and walked out to the car again with kiya and myunghee behind.

the group of friends went to get hot dogs and mozzarella sticks together before residing on a bench somewhere to consume the food.

"you know, i never thought you'd be here chilling with us," myunghee spoke addressing kiya. "you were always really shy in class and the first couple of days you wouldn't even talk to me but now... look at you!"