38

༊*·˚ fools
mention of ptsd - can be upsetting for some

"hey, hyerin!" renjun was the first to greet her with a genuine happy smile.

"what's up, guys?" she stood by their area by the pool looking down at them. "you guys been here for long?"

"like five minutes," jaemin answered. "join us." he splashed some water at her feet and she giggled at the cold water hitting her feet.

she jumped into the salty pool water and the guys shielded themselves from the water going into their eyes and splashed her in return.

"aren't we going to get told off for being here?" she asked.

"i don't think so. we're not doing anything wrong?" jaemin suggested with a suggesting smile.

they were in fact not committing any crimes but they were in a pool out of hours and without a supervisor present so if the cameras were switched on there's a chance someone would be coming in soon to ask them to leave. but in the meantime, they could have fun.

"so, your skating competition is this weekend, right?" jeno asked.

hyerin nodded and pinched her nose to get rid of the water in her nostrils. "saturday."

"we're going," he announced, pridefully.

for a second, it seemed like her world stopped spinning and they'd gone back to old times before everything that'd happened.

"you guys don't have to." she laughed nervously.

"we know," renjun replied. "but we want to."

donghyuck hadn't said a single word. he was actually behind the other guys excluding himself.

"chenle and jisung have also said they're going. it's at six, right?" jaemin asked.

she nodded her head.

"you're going to do amazing. like you always have," jeno mentioned.

as happy as she was that they were slowly going back to their old ways, she couldn't help but to wonder why now? why had they decided to reproach her after years?

"why..." she cleared her throat and spoke up, "why do you guys want to go?"

"to support you like good friends," jaemin answered.

friends?

she decided to drop the topic of conversation and just enjoy the moment.

donghyuck slipping out of the water made her snap into reality again. he dried his hands then checked his phone and stayed there.

"hyuck, come back into the water," renjun splashed donghyuck's feet.

"no," he mumbled and grabbed his towel. "i'll see you guys tomorrow."

"donghyuck, bro?" jeno called after him but it was no use.

the four of them watched him leave and the door close behind.

"what got into him?" renjun asked, looking at the others.

"more like who is he going to get himself into," jeno corrected making jaemin splash him with water to get him to shut up.

hyerin could only guess what jeno meant by that and her guess was probably correct.

they stayed there for another half an hour before they all went to their own floors. jaemin and hyerin were on the same floor just in different corridors so he gave her a hug goodnight before splitting up.