49

༊*·˚ fools

⚠️ mention of SA ⚠️

a couple of days had passed since her uncle had asked her if she wanted to press charges. additionally, it'd been a couple days since she'd shown up to her classes. her uncle had explained to the principal the reason for her absence but she was yet to mention anything to anyone else. myunghee had asked her why she wasn't coming into school and she'd written it off as food poisoning. she did come to visit hyerin once for some gossip, of course, then left. 

in the days she'd been spending at home, hyerin took the opportunity to crochet, catch up on her current favourite series and get some vitamin d by walking rocky. of course, these were activities to keep her busy as in the back of her mind she was still thinking of the pros and cons of pressing charges. pros being that he'd get what he deserved and he wouldn't be able to do something like that again, cons being that she'd have to face him in trial and that's something she doesn't know if she's ready for. 

her therapist had advised her, and her uncle had shared some of his thoughts. unfortunately neither rocky nor jeju speak otherwise they, too, would've said something. 

it was 6pm one evening and hyerin was waiting for her uncle to return home thus she was entertaining herself watching TV until her phone lit up with a text message from someone unexpected. 

hyuck

hey, we haven't seen you in school for a while and we're wondering if you're ok?

myunghee told us something about food poisoning

she'd changed his name on her phone to 'hyuck' for a change. 

yea

i got some food poisoning last day i was there

idk, it was probably from the dinner i had the night before

get well soon

when do you plan to come back?

she didn't know how to answer that. 

soon

she decided to tease him a little.

why? do u miss me?

no

i just wanted to see how serious the food poisoning was

gtg, see you soon

she frowned. 

what did she expect? for him to fall on his knees and plead "yes, hyerin! i miss you so much! when you're not around, i can't seem to breathe". she scoffed at how ridiculous she sounded and threw her phone to the sofa beside her. 

she laid in bed wide awake for hours that night. she tossed and turned to a point that a peacefully sleeping jeju jumped off her bed and slept on her chair instead. 4am and she'd started yawning and by 5 when the sun was coming up, she was asleep. 

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"i want to press charges."

her uncle who was halfway through his breakfast stopped. "a-are you sure?"