TWENTY

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 | 𝙱𝙰𝙳 𝙼𝙾𝙾𝙽 𝚁𝙸𝚂𝙸𝙽𝙶

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

"Thank you for coming, Ric." Damon greeted the human hunter as soon as he entered the Salvatore house, "can I get you something to drink? Coffee? Bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?"

"Kate and Elena mentioned you needed my help." Alaric said ignoring his words sitting down on the unoccupied couch.

"Yeah, we were hoping you could help shine some light on thee Lockwood family." Stefan tells him, leaning forward on his knees.

"Now why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?" Alaric asked, Kate crossed her leg over the other watching the conversation unfold.

"Well, you wouldn't but your dead— not dead vampire wife might." Damon said sitting down.

"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together, You said that she spent years researching this town." Kate said tilting her to the side.

"Isobel's research here, Mystic Falls was rooted in Folklore and Legend, at the time I thought most of which was fiction."

"Like that amazing vampire story?" Damon sarcastically says.

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Elena asked, actually curious.

"Lycanthrope." Alaric said making Stefan and Damon glance at each other confused. Kate frowned leaning forward.

"Like werewolves?" Elena eyes widen.

"No way, impossible, way too Lon Chaney." Damon shook his head.

"Is it?" Stefan asked.

"I been on this planet for 160-some odd years, I've never come across one, if werewolves exist where they hell are they?" Damon asked, not recalling meeting one.

"Well, why do you suspect the Lockwoods?"

"Because vervain didn't effect the mayor on Founders day but the Gilbert device did and it effected his son Tyler." Damon explained.

"And at the school carnival, his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought one of the carnival works. It suggested some sort of a supernatural entity." Stefan said, Rick nods.

"We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure out what it is." Kate tells him, hoping he will help them with their problem.