FORTY SIX

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝚂𝙸𝚇 | 𝙱𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙶𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙾𝚄𝚃 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙳𝙴𝙰𝙳

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

Kate watched as a young teenager was stroll down the hallway of the hospital, she stood with Caroline in the hallway waiting on news about her father's accident with Tyler Lockwood.

"Are you Caroline?" A sweet woman's voice came up from behind them.

Caroline turned nodding. "Yes. Dr. Fell, hi. Elena, told me you helped out my dad."

Dr. Fell nods looking to the side. "I did, do you think you can get him to be a little more grateful? He's spent half the night threatening to get my medical license revoked for saving his life."

Carline winched nodding. "Yeah, my dads a little... set in his ways, um, he spent his whole like hating vampires. So—"

"So he's not psyched about it being vampire blood that healed him." Dr. Fell cocks her head. "Yeah, he made that clear."

Kate heard about a woman Alaric's been seeing but never really got a change to meet her since the carousel would sneak off into the bedroom.

"Im sorry." The woman apologized. "My bedside manner sucks on no sleep." Turning over to Kate with a smile. "Hi, I'm Meredith, I've been seeing Alaric."

Kate nods shaking her head. "Yeah, I've heard." The woman pressed her lips into a thin line before walking away from them.

"Um, so, can I take him home?" Caroline followed right after her.

"I sighed his discharge papers late last night, just to shut him up." Dr. Fell clicked her pen placing it into her lab coat pocket.

"Oh, I..." Caroline signs. "He didn't call or anything."

"That's gotta be hard. When your dad hates the one thing you can't change about yourself." Dr. Fell said, which made the girls glanced over at each other. "I make it my business to know who the vampires are in this town. Medical curiosity, I don't blab."

"Yeah, we've had our ups and downs." Caroline declared.

"Tell your dad I said your welcome." The woman smiles once again before walking down the hallway, Kate waved her off as she and Caroline walked the opposite way where Elena waited.

"That was fast." Elena mentions pushing off the wall.

"Yeah, he's not here. He was already discharged." Caroline tells her. "And she seems perfectly nice, by the way. A little intense, maybe. But I think it's sweet you want to make sure Alaric's not dating a total psycho."