FIFTY TWO

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝚆𝙾 | 𝙷𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝙳𝙰𝚁𝙺𝙽𝙴𝚂𝚂

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

Kate didn't really like the idea of Elena and Damon traveling across the country alone for hours just to pick up their younger brother from Denver. Though her twin invited her she immediately turned it down, she didn't want to be stuck with them together.

Stefan was the one who came up with the idea, Kate knew why he suggested it in the first place, Elena was his first love he wanted to make sure that she wasn't growing feelings for his brother, but it didn't really matter when Kate was all he wants.

"Do you know how hard it is to fall asleep when that's what you're supposed to do?"

Alaric Salztman was locked in the cell room in the Salvatore home, the man happened to forget where he hid the last white oak stake, claims he wasn't himself when he hid it.

"Well, look I know it's not easy," Stefan claims staring down at the man threw the small gap trough the door. "So, uh Damon suggested I bring something to—" lifting a bottle of bourbon. "Help speed up the process."

"Would probably take your mind off it." Kate mentions clutching onto the edges of the metal door, pushing up in her toes due to the height difference.

"What the hell." Alaric grunts sitting up from the cot bed, Stefan walked in leaving the door open, Kate followed after him sitting by Alaric while Stefan brought over a chair to sit on.

"You know, I'll feel decidedly less pathetic if I don't drink alone." Alaric mentions, Kate scoffs already planing to drink until her body passes out.

"Oh, I'm one step ahead of you." Stefan tells him, bringing two glass cups forward, Alaric hums pouring some whiskey into the glasses.

Kate clicks her tongue, she wasn't a huge fan of bourbon, placing the glass down by her feet. "So, uh, road trip, huh?" Bringing up Elena and Damon who were probably have way out of town.

Alaric began setting down the bottle between his legs, Stefan raised his eyebrows nodding. "Mm, yeah, I needed to stay here." The vampire didn't really want to think or speak about Elena or Damon.

"Why?" Alaric asked him, curiously taking over his thoughts. "I mean, why you? You know, it doesn't take much to babysit me while I sit here waiting for a psychotic break. Kate's enough."

"Well, unfortunately, we only have a limited amount of time." Stefan mentions, his brothers plan to break Alaric into his other self wasn't going to be easy so that knew they had to come up with a plan.