FORTY TWO

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚃 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝚆𝙾 | 𝙷𝙾𝙼𝙴𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙸𝙽𝙶

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

"Portland is fantastic once you can get over all the whiney music and healthy looking people. It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

Klaus Mikaelson spoke on the other line of the phone, Mikael needed to draw his son back into town and end his life after centuries off the original hybrid running away from his father, Mikael was ready to end his life.

"Your fathers dead." Stefan says completely ignoring what he had just said.

"What did you say to me?"

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered." Kate turned her attention away from the vampire down towards the body of vampire hunter. "What do you want me to do with the body?"

Stefan teared his glaze away from the cold body. "Well, first, i want you to explain to me exactly what happened."

𝗮𝗻 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗮𝗴𝗼

"All right, we'll say that Mikael followed Elena in here." Stefan walked into the study hall, with Damon, Kate and Elena trailing behind him. "He tried to grab her so he could use her as bait."

"And you, what?" Elena furrowed eyebrows. "Veravined him?" Stefan sighs crossing his arms over his chest.

"No, we vervained him. The guy's an original. Make it realistic." Damon tells him, knowing that Klaus wouldn't believe that Mikael was killed by vervain.

"Ok, fine." Stefan says. "We vervained him. And in the process discovered that he had a dagger."

"Which he planned to use of Rebekah." Kate spoke, getting a nod from Stefan. "But instead—"

"We drove it through his heart." Steve a finished for her, smiling over at the girl which was unusual for him especially without his humanity.

Elena frowns drawing her eyebrows together. "And what happens when he asks to see Mikael' body?" She asked, Klaus wouldn't come back to the falls until Mikael was actually dead.

"Good point." Stefan hummed turning to Damon who says.  "You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says so if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue tied."

Kate cocked her head. "Well don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here." Stefan tucked in his lips.

"Klaus is smart." Elena says. "If we tell him that Mikael's dead he'll want proof."