EIGHTY ONE

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃𝚈 𝙾𝙽𝙴 | 𝙼𝙾N𝚂𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚂 𝙱𝙰𝙻𝙻

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

Kate and Elena did follow through and went back to Whitmore to continue their studies, they knew that Bonnie would be watching over them like she said she would, and in all honesty Kate wonder want moments was Bonnie actually there when she or her friends didn't notice.

They walked around campus, talking about finding a way to help Stefan, to try and get his normal self back when they found some random guy crouched down by Megan' memorial photo by the front of the building, "We should say hi."

Elena said staring down at the figure, Kate grabbed her arm stopping her from moving. "What? Why? We don't even know him, I mean— he could be another vampire hunter slash could be a vampire."

Elena exhaled turning to her sister. "It's fine, he doesn't have the appearance to be a vampire." And she began walking over, Kate was taken back for a second before she followed after her.

"Hey." Elena utters grasping the belt to her bag.

"Hey." The stranger turned up to the side.

"I'm Elena, this is my sister Kate." Elena introduced herself and then the girl by her, Kate gave a tight lipped smile with a wave. "Megan used to be our roommate." And silence came from the stranger. "Did you know her?"

"We knew each other growing up." The stranger said, Kate looked up with Elena now suddenly remembering that they also lost someone growing up.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Elena said quietly. The man picked out a flower from its vase admiring the color for a moment. "Pretty sad, memorial, huh?" He threw away the flower as he stood up. "Guess it's not exactly cold to mourn during fall rush."

"Everyone mourns differently." Kate said from the other side of him. "Some people do flowers, and others of what their loved ones would have wanted."

"Yeah, well, what Megan would have wanted was to still be here alive." He said.

Elena squints her eyes staring at the side of his face. "They said she committed suicide."

"Yeah, I know. That's what they said." He spoke with a rather wary tone.

"So then what do you think happened?" Elena pushed further, if he said what the two girls knew about her death then they might not be crazy about the professor knowing about vampires.

The man leaned down and picked up his bag and slings it over his shoulder. "Yeah, if you care about her get her sunflowers. She liked those." And he walked away.