FIFTY ONE

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈 𝙾𝙽𝙴 | 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙼𝚄𝚁𝙳𝙴𝚁 𝙾𝙵 𝙾𝙽𝙴

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

Bonnie was successful and saved Alaric's life with magic herbs after the two vampires dragged his body upstairs into his bedroom, before Damon feed him blood to heal the cut in his palm.

"Alaric Saltzman killed my father?"

Caroline breaths out, she can't even process that her fathers killer was her best friends guardian, which only made it worse knowing he was under her nose the entire time, as Kate and Elena tagged along beside the vampire.

"I can't expect you to be okay with this." Elena voice was lace with guilt. "But at least these herbs that Bonnie's giving him, they're healing him and they're keeping the dark side buried."

"Yeah, and that's supposed to make everything okay?" Carolina gasped moving faster, Kate shook her head though the vampire couldn't see it, pulling her back making her turn.

"No, Care, it's not, none of it is, it's horrible." Kate states holding her hand. "And I feel horrible about it, we both do. But— he's a victim of something supernatural."

"He didn't ask for this, it just happened to him." Elena jumped in, though she didn't get to see how Alaric was that morning she went to his loft, but she trusted Damon's opinion. "Just like Bonnie's mom, I mean, she didn't asked to become a vampire. And... neither did Stefan, or Tyler."

"Or me." Caroline whispered softly, Kate sighs pressing her lines into a thin line nodding. "Or you."

"None of you asked for this." Elena declares, sometimes things changed, no one knows what will happen in the next five or ten years. "But who would I be if I just... turned my back on any of you?"

Caroline glanced back past their shoulders turning her body to loop her arms through theirs as they continued to walk. "Oh, Kate and Elena Gilbert. Savior of the cursed and the damned."

"Hey." Matt Donavon showed up. "What's with the, uh, cryptic secret meeting text?" Caroline dropped their arms glancing over at the twins.

"I know don't, Stefan just said to meet here." Kate replies, shoving her hands into her jacket, it was a cold morning.

"Where's Bonnie?" Stefan and Damon waltzed in behind them, a black bag slung over his shoulder. "Texted her, too."

"Uh, Bonnie's mom bailed on her. Again." Caroline says, turning away from the vampire. "So I think we should leave her out of this one."