SIXTY FOUR

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁 | 𝙰𝙵𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙲𝙷𝙾𝙾𝙻 𝚂𝙿𝙴𝙲𝙸𝙰𝙻

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

The morning after, after the chaos that happened no one excepted to hear that the mayor of their town had died, it's shocked the town, no one knew the actual truth to her death, though the sheriff department say the woman had died drowning.

At school they had an assemble for the her, Kate didn't expect to see Tyler there since Klaus was hunting for him. "Carol Lockwood always said that togetherness, in times of tragedy, leads to healing. That one community is stronger than a thousand of its members but how does a community stay strong after losing it's leader? And Carol was so much more than just a mayor. She was... an open— minded friend... and a concerned mother, taken from us too soon by a terrible accident."

"Screw this." Tyler muttered standing up from the bench stepping down the steps quickly getting out of the school, no one blamed him for leaving.

"Please join me in observing a minute of silence in her memory." Sheriff Forbes says softly, everyone complied bringing their heads down out of respect. Kate glanced over at Elena seeing as she did a double take towards the doors.

"You okay?"

elena lips parted to say something but nothing came out when she said. "I'll be right back." the vampire stood up moving past the two girls walking out the gymnasium.

"Thank you very much, in the wake of this tragedy the town has selected an interim mayor." The woman declares, "many of you already know him, please welcome Mr. Rudy Hopkins."

The audience clapped welcoming the man, Kate instantly knew who he was it was Bonnie's father which Bonnie was now living with after her grandmother had passed away, the man shook hands with the sheriff standing by the podium. "thank you, sheriff. Carol Lockwood put this town first, and that's why I'm here to talk to you guys, you folks are the future of Mystic Falls..."

The ceremony went beautiful, now everyone was trying to find a way out of the school, Kate wasn't surprised that Stefan missed the ceremony and he wasn't the type to go early to school for an event, "Stefan. I don't think you know the definition of mandatory when it comes to school."

Kate tells the vampire through the phone, leaning against the wall, watching students walk pass her. "Well, that's because I'm at a mandatory all alone drinking party, i asked you to join me, but didn't want to, so, thank you, sweetheart."