FIFTY

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈 | 𝙱𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙺 𝙾𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙾𝚄𝙶𝙷

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

No one wanted to believe that Alaric was the one who committed all those murders, Kate, Meredith, and Elena had decided to take the older man to the hospital they needed him to be examined, something was wrong with him. They needed answers.

The three brunettes stood on the other side of the glass window of the hospital watching Alaric's body be taken inside a machine. "What are you looking for?" Kate asked with crossed arms.

"I don't know." Meredith admits staring down at the screen with his brain scan. "A tumor, vascular anomalies. Anything physical that might explain his behavior. If it's medical, I can treat it."

"And if it's not." Elena only grew more worried for the older man, he's been through enough in the past two years he didn't need more on his plate.

"Well..." Meredith paused pursuing her lips together, facing the girls with a soft smile. "Then we'll deal with that, too."

It was silent for a moment, watching the male doctor circle around the machine guiding Alaric inside. "When did you suspect him?" Kate asked the woman. "That it was Alaric who was killing all those people?"

Meredith paused staring out the glass. "It was after he told me about his ring. I remembered a story my grandmother had told me about Samantha Gilbert and her secret journal." Elena nods letting the woman continue. "I don't know if you know this, but we Fells are notorious busybodies." Meredith smiled at the end.

Elena smiles. "Then why did you protect him?"

Meredith pounder the question looking off to the side before she answer. "Because I'm a doctor.I don't like to see someone hurt by something they have no control over. And, because when he and I first met, I felt like, I don't know, I— I just kind of want to help him."

The three woman grew into a comfortable silence for a moment, watching the machine do its work, Meredith seemed to pick up on his legs they were moving, she leaned down holding the microphone down. "Everything all right in there?"

Alaric took a second to answer. "Yeah, yeah, everything's okay." Though his voice sounded differently weird.

The scan was over and done, Alaric was ready to get out and leave the hospital, after the two brunette had their talk with Meredith they walked down the hallway into the hospital room where Alaric stood getting him ready to leave.