SIXTY NINE

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 | 𝚂𝚃𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙱𝚈 𝙼𝙴

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

There was nothing that brought Kate more pain then losing another loved one, he laid in her arms unmoving, not breathing, his skin was pale and he no longer had a heart beat, she wanted to be in denial and say he will awake and everything will be fine.

But how many times did he die, that was a lingering question going around her head, he wore the ring but she didn't know if it would work or if it lost all its power and her brother was truly dead. "Jeremy!"

A familiar voice echoed through the cave, Kate tearful gaze glanced up seeing Elena, or someone she thought was Elena. "Get away from here!" Kate scream winching, her throat was raw from the screaming and crying.

Elena fell to her knees shaking her head. "No, it me Elena, Kate it me." Kate sniffled scanning her twins faces seeing if it really was her. "Elena, Jeremy..." Kate sobbed cradling her brothers face, Elena coos her taking Jeremy hands. "It's okay, he has his ring, okay? He's going to be okay. The ring will bring him back, it's okay, it's okay."

Kate slummed away from Jeremy as her sister took over, listening to her sister repeat the same words over and over again as she cried. "You're going to be okay, you're going to be okay."

Kate felt numb the whole way back home, she didn't have the heart to tell her sister that their brother was dead, Kate tried to speak with her about it but nothing ever came out, her throat burned and felt completely raw, broken even.

"Hey, you're home." Caroline stood up from the kitchen floor, Kate walked in after Stefan did with Jeremy cold body wrapped in a blanket. "I was trying to clean the burn mark where Kol..." the blonde vampire trailed off when a disturbing sight came through the door.

"I couldn't get the spot out." Caroline voice softened almost like a whisper. "Come on, let's get him upstairs." Elena says dropping their bags onto the couch, Kate stood standing by the door, watching her ex-boyfriend and Elena walk upstairs with Jeremy.

"Kate." Caroline watched her best friend walk into the kitchen and flip the water tab on, Caroline noticed that Kate and Elena both wore different expressions meaning that one of them was in denial and the other wasn't. "Oh, Kate."

Kate head buried in Caroline's neck as her arms hugged her body, finally letting go all the pain she was holding in for her sister sake, "he's dead... he's gone, care." She stuttered through hiccups. Caroline arms tighten around her holding the back of her head. "I'm so sorry, Kate."