TWENTY SEVEN

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽 | 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙳𝙴𝚂𝙲𝙴𝙽𝚃

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

Kate entered the Salvatore house after getting a text from Damon to help him with Rose, the vampire was bitten by a werewolf called Jules someone who Tyler Lockwood had grew close to.

"Definitely... better." Damon scrunched up his face at the werewolf bite on Rose's back, when he glanced up at Kate hearing her footsteps echo through the house. "Right, Kate?"

Kate stared at her back. "It's not bad." She said honestly with a shrug.

"Well, since you are here I need you to play nurse for a little while." Damon says softly, Kate slowly nods looking back at the vampire.

"It's not necessary." Rose protested.

"It is necessary, Katie's a do-gooder, it's in her nature, she can't resist." Damon said walking out the room, Kate quickly followed him.

"Damon. Is she going to die?" Kate asked, closing the door behind her she didn't want Rose to her their conversation.

"Probably, the wolf bit caused some kind of infection it's getting worse." Damon whispered, Kate grew more concerned.

"Like poison?" Kate furrowed her eyebrows.

"I don't know, Kate. I'm not an expert in the field." Damon was trying to act like he didn't care, that maybe losing Rose meant something to him.

"I'm sorry." Kate felt the need to apologize.

"Death happens, we come, we go. Sooner she dies, the better. It's gloomy as hell in here." Damon felt a burning pain in his chest not meeting her worried eyes before walking away.

☽☀︎︎☾

"I hate this, I'm a vampire, I haven't had a cold in 5 centuries." Kate helped Rose into Damon's bed, she was growing more and more weaker.

"Just get in bed." Kate told her tugging off Rose's jacket to keep her from getting sweating in bed.

"We don't get sick, when we die, it's fast and sudden and it's certainly not drawn out with an illness." Rose laid back in the comfort getting comfortable in bed.

"You're not gonna die." Kate says kicking off her shoes, knowing she was going to be there for a while. "Such a human thing to say." Rose sniffed.