FORTY SEVEN

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽 | 𝙳𝙰𝙽𝙶𝙴𝚁𝙾𝚄𝚂 𝙻𝙸𝙰𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙽𝚂

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

"It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin." Elena declared, putting away the cleaning supplies into the bottom cabinet.

"As in the original witch?" Stefan questioned with raised his eyebrows, Elena nods shutting the cabinet door.

"What?" Damon drew his eyebrows together. "How is she even alive? I thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago."

"I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple of connections in the witching community." Elena says, as Kate entered the kitchen locking eyes with Stefan, passing him a warm smile which he returned.

"Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus."

"She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus." Stefan reminded glancing over at his brother.

"Yeah, well, not anymore." Kate huffs, lifting herself onto the counter. The plan to kill Klaus didn't go as they wanted to the first time around, so why would it suddenly work the next around. "At least, not according to Elijah."

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds." Stefan moved away from the counter tossing an apple into the air.

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Damon asked them, Kate raised her hand getting a small appreciation nod from the vampire.

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us." Elena mentions, when the doorbell rang, she looked down the hallway then back.
"I believe him."

Elena sighs walking around the island towards the front door, Kate hopped down the counter following after her sister with the Salvatore brothers trailing behind her. "What is it?"

Damon asked seeing two envelopes in Elena's hands, Elena read the name passing one to Kate. "It's an invitation." Elena answered opening it.

"Please join the Mikaelson family this evening at seven o'clock for dancing, cocktails, and celebration." Kate read out loud, flipping the back, deciding not to read that part out loud.

𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪
- 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲, 𝙆

"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" Stefan frowns at the name, clearing the vampire didn't do his research on the family.