TWENTY ONE

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴 | 𝙺𝙸𝙻𝙻 𝙾𝚁 𝙱𝙴 𝙺𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙴𝙳

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

"So, suddenly she's in the running for mother of the year, just when I'm trying to avoid her the most." Caroline ranted about her problems to Kate and Elena as carried buckets of brown paint. "I'm babbling you don't want to hear all this."

"Oh, um, no. I'm sorry, then what happened." Elena says, since they found out that Caroline was Katherine spy which is why Stefan and Elena faked an argument.

"Well, I was a bitch, which is part for the course with us." Caroline mentions while painting on a pillar, Kate and Elena doing the same. "So, how are things with you and Stefan? Anything."

"No, not since the fight. He's been pushing me away because he thinks that Katherine might get jealous enough to hurt me. I just don't know who to change his mind." Elena sighed, with a fake sad expression.

"You said that Katherine's dangerous, maybe he's got a point." Caroline tells her with fake sympathy agreeing with Stefan.

"Or he's just a possessive vampire." Kate said with a head tilted, Elena glared up at her. "What, he's been acting out lately."

"But, I know that's she's dangerous, and so know that he's just trying to protect me, but it's feels like giving up and I—I just...." Elena trailed off.

"Just what?" Caroline asked, desperate for an answer.

"I just thought that we were stronger than that." Kate rubbed her shoulder, Elena sighed softly glancing over at Stefan who was staring back at her.
"Uh-oh. Longing looks are being exchanged." The vampire commented.

"I'm gonna go talk to him." Elena dropped the paint brush getting up from her crouching position.

"No, Elena, I think it's a bed idea." Carolina protest but the doppelgänger marched away towards Stefan.

"What's her problem?" Damon Salvatore made his way over to the girls.

"No one knows." Kate says and continued to paint the pillar, Damon hummed turning to glanced at the blonde vampire.

"Why are you being such a bitch to your mom?" Damon question was directed towards her.

"Don't worry about it." Caroline refused to answer his question, when they both went quiet to listen into Stefan and Elenas conversation, unfortunately for Kate she didn't have vampire hearing.