TWENTY EIGHT

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 | 𝙳𝙰𝙳𝙳𝚈 𝙸𝚂𝚂𝚄𝙴𝚂

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

"Morning." John Gilbert smiled at Kate who walked into the kitchen with Elena following.

"What are you doing here?" Elena got straight to the point, John ignored his youngest daughter, holding a mug in his hands."Coffee?"

"We're not doing that, we did that last night no more avoiding. Why are you here?" Elena asked glaring up at the man.

"I'm here to protect you, that's all I can say for the moment." John says softly, Kate furrowed making it around the Island. "What do you mean that's all you can say?"

"I'll tell you more when I'm convinced I can trust you both." John glanced at each of them, Kate huffed crossing her arms.

"Oh, god, I'm late." Jenna exhaled coming down the stairs clearly to seeing the man she despite.

"That's what you get for hitting the snooze three times." Alaric followed in after her, Jenna finally hoamced up to seeing John and her nieces.

"What the hell?"

"Good morning to you, Jenna, Alaric." John greeted.

"It's okay I'm confused, right?" Jenna stared at the two girls in the room opposite of her. "Because we were not expecting you like, ever."

"Well, I got in late last night Kate let me in." John told her.

"You know, I'm probably just gonna take off." Alaric told his girlfriend, taking a small glimpse of Elena and Kate before he walked away.

"I'm still confused here." Jenna remarked.

"I decided to come back and stay for a while."

"Not here you're not". Jenna glared.

"Actually you can't stop me from living here." John says to her, Kate wished she had stayed in her room.

"Actually I can as the legal guardian." Jenna smirked.

"Yeah about that Elena, Kate you want me explain this situation or would you like to do the honors." John looked down at his daughters.

"ok, what's going on?" Jenna asked still very confused, staring at the two girls.

"We're sorry, Jenna, I should've told you earlier,
but—" Elena was cut off mid-sentence when John Gilbert said.