FORTY THREE

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 | 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝙳𝙴𝙰𝙻

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

"I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm totally paranoid all the time."

Elena had encountered someone who she thinks was chasing after her during her morning run, the man she described she didn't recognize, Kate had the same feeling that morning she went out to the store feeling like she was being watched by Klaus' minions.

"You have a right to be." Bonnie says, leaning on the table. "Klaus is still out there, and he knows you tried to kill him."

"Why hasn't he made a move?" Elena questioned mostly to herself, but she wasn't wrong it been a couple months since they last seen the vampire. "There's been no sigh of him, nothing. Just my slow spiral into insanity."

"Join the club." Bonnie chuckles. "Every time I close my eyes, I have that nightmare on repeat."

"The same dream?" Kate drew her eyebrows together knowing about the story the witch told her about, Bonnie nods. "Four coffins. Klaus is in one of them, it's weird."

"What if it's not just..." Elena trailed off leaning against the table. "some dream. What if it's, like, you know, a witch dream?"

"It's just stress." Bonnie reassured her, she didn't want Elena to be right about the dream, knowing she would be thinking about it constantly. "I'll figure it out."

Elena hums cupping the side of her neck. "What about Stefan?" Kate leaned back on the wooden chair, remembering the last time she saw the vampire. "Has there been any sign of him?"

Elena's jaw clenched shaking her head. "He betrayed us, Bonnie. The Stefan that we know is gone." She glanced over at her sister who refused to look up from her now cold burger.

"How's Damon handing that?"

"Damon is..." Elena paused not finding the words to describe how the older Salvatore brother was feeling, but Kate took over that sentence.

"He's handing it like he always does, drowning himself into drinking." Kate says pursing her lips together, Bonnie clicked her tongue tossing a chip into her mouth.

"Kevin, I don't want to see your mother."

Kate giggled at a couple as she passed them on her way out the Grill, she ditched her sister at the Grill leaving with Bonnie, the two girls wanted a vampire free day but today wasn't that day.