TWENTY NINE

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 | 𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙴𝚁 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃𝚈

☽☽☀︎︎☾☾

Kate didn't plan on coming to Damon's dinner party, but had nothing to do since Elena was with Stefan  at their families lake house, and Jeremy was going on a date, she rang the doorbell waiting for anyone to open the door.

When the door opened, Damon stood there with a smirk. "Hello, oldest Gilbert, please, come in." He stepped aside letting her through.

"What's your plan Damon?" Kate immediately knew the vampire was up to no good since, he had invited Elijah among, Jenna, Andie, Alaric and John who showed up unannounced.

"Shh!" Damon glared holding a finger to her mouth taking them outside shutting the door. "I have a plan, to kill Elijah and then your sister wouldn't have to die for this ritual."

Kate stared dumbfounded up at him. "Really? That's your plan, the last time you killed him, he didn't stay dead, so how are you gonna kill him now?" She didn't want to get involved if they we're going to kill Elijah, he never did anything bad to her.

"Look, calm down, okay? Alaric's read somewhere that stabbing an original with white oak ash kills them, so that what I'm going to do." Damon smirked, loving his plan.

"Whatever, if this backfires, he's coming after you." Kate forwarded walking back into the house.

☽☀︎︎☾

"I hate to break this to you, Damon. But according to Elijah, your family is so not a founder of this town." Jenna poured Kate more wine, the women was probably to buzz to realize but the young girl didn't complain.

"hmm, do tell." Damon directed his attention to the other vampire in the room, Kate sat between Jenna and Damon which made her a lot more safe.

"Well, as I mentioned to Jenna earlier a faction of settlers migrated from Salem after the witch trials in the 1690s. Over the next hundred years they developed this community where they could feel safe from persecution."

"hmm, because they were witches." Jenna exclaimed, Kate eyed Damon before taking a bite out of her chicken.

"Yeah, but there's no tangible proof there were witches in Salem." Andie, Damon's girlfriend said.

"Andie's a journalist, big on facts." Damon bragged.

"Well, the lore says that there was this wave of
anti-witch hysteria. It broke out in the neighboring settlement, so these witches were rounded up. They were tied to stakes in a field together and, uh, burned. Some say you can hear the screams form mikes around us, they were consumed by the fire." Elijah told them his history.