Chapter 17: cold war

On the way back, Xue Jue's face was always ugly.

He ignored Zu Qi who was following, and kept rushing forward with a gloomy expression, walking with two long legs, and disappeared from Zu Qi's sight in a short while.

Zu Qi walked back slowly along the path.

In less than a minute, Zuqi heard the footsteps of Xue Jue striding back, and immediately after the light dimmed in front of him, he looked up and saw Xue Jue standing in front of him with no expression on his face.

Zu Qi raised his lips and smiled, his eyes narrowed into a crooked moon shape, and his helpless expression looked a bit like a kid who was treating unreasonable troubles: "What's your temper?"

"You deliberately asked me to follow you, so that Bai Guangjian and his wife could not refuse your invitation." Xue Jue's voice was suppressed very low, and his straight gaze seemed to see through Zu Qi's soul.

Zu Qi, who had no psychological burden, was suddenly seen by Xue Jue with a guilty conscience, and he subconsciously took two steps back.

"Bai Guangjian will definitely not refuse me, but his wife may not necessarily be obedient." Zu Qi touched his swollen belly and said with lack of confidence.

As long as there is Xue Jue town, Chen Meixin will not refuse Zu Qi's request to eat together face-to-face, no matter how reluctant it is. After all, their husband and wife need to rely on Xue Jue in many places at work.

Zu Qi thought that he was doing it quietly, but Xue Jue discovered the clue so quickly.

At this moment, Zu Qi felt terrified for no reason. He always habitually regarded Xue Jue as a paper man who died in the character setting, but forgot that Xue Jue had flesh and blood and thoughts.

Based on Xue Jue's 31 years of experience, the bridge he has traveled is definitely more than Zu Qi has traveled.

So, why couldn't Xue Jue see Zu Qi's careful thinking?

Under Xue Jue's icy gaze, Zu Qi couldn't help but lower her head, grasping the thin coat in her hands with some helplessness.

Zu Qi was hesitating whether to find a reason to excuse him, but he heard Xue Jue say: "Shi Hao has already received his due punishment, not to mention his bad reputation, and he will not cause a splash in the entertainment circle in the future. Everything is okay."

Hearing this, Zu Qi suddenly raised his head and looked at Xue Jue in disbelief.

How did Xue Jue know his plan? !

No, he didn't tell anyone what he thought, let alone let others know about Shi Hao calling him.

Xue Jue raised the corners of his mouth, his lips were full of ridicule, and he said in a calm tone: "If you want people to know what you can do, you find someone to investigate Chen Meixin and Shi Hao. I know everything. Chu."

After being surprised, Zu Qi quickly recovered his calmness. He squinted his eyes, and for a moment only felt that the mockery on Xue Jue's face was extremely harsh. He seemed to smile and said, "Then I was bullied by Shi Hao and Chen Meixin. Do you know it all too well?"

If he hadn't read this novel, he wouldn't know that Shi Hao and Tang Moning had bullied the original owner so badly before, relying on Chen Meixin's backing.

Now that the original owner has fallen to the point where everyone on the Internet has spurned it, Chen Meixin has unclear responsibilities.

Xue Jue frowned: "That's all from the past..."

"But for me, those hurdles will never pass." Zu Qi sternly interrupted Xue Jue's words. Xu was affected by the original body, and he was very emotional. "Shi Hao's current experience is not enough to make up for what he has done to me. I will never let him go so easily."