Chapter 6

"You were raped?" Sonny walks in after Amanda asking, catching attention from the other two standing in the room. "Why hasn't anybody investigated it yet?"
"I don't want them to. It's been twenty years, it's over."
"Rape cases are never over." He says, stopping her.
"He could be dead for all I know or care. It's over, Sonny. I knew I shouldn't have told you." She breaks away from him and walks into her office. She lies her head down on the desk.
"I won't tell anyone." She looks up.
"Really?"
"I promise." The door opens suddenly.
"Rollins, I need to talk to you." Sergeant Benson comes in saying.
"I'll be there in a few."
"Did she find out?" Amanda asks, steaming.
"I didn't tell her. Go talk to her." She gets up out of the chair and walks to Benson's office.
"What's going on between you and Carisi?" She asks suspiciously.
"N-nothing is going on."
"Are you sure?"
"I'm positive. We're just working on this case together."
"What do you have from the case?" She throws down the folder.
"She was upset because Carisi shot her boyfriend."
"Her boyfriend? How old is she, how old was the guy?"
"She's fifteen from what Carisi wrote down in here. We don't know the age of the male." Benson nods.
"And you're sure there's nothing going on between you and Carisi?"
"I'm sure."
"Okay, go home and get some rest, you look exhausted." She nods, and walks out of the room. She walks into her office.
"Benson knows something is up between us."
"How can she?"
"We'll never know. Let's go to my apartment. I'm tired. Just don't let Benson catch us walking out together." Sonny smiles at her. They get into their cars, and drive back to Amanda's apartment. They walk in.
"I'm sorry about earlier, I didn't mean to leave you behind-"
"It's okay. If I would have known you were raped-"
"No, it's okay. The rape part wasn't what hit me." Sonny swallows.
"Then what did?"
"The fact that it was the same guy." Shock crosses over Sonny's face.
"Why didn't you tell me this before?" She bursts into hysteria.
"Amanda-" he pulls her head into his shoulder. "Tell someone about it. You don't deserve to live in pain anymore." He strokes his lover's hair, and slowly takes it out of the loose ponytail it's in.
"I'm sorry you have to see me like this." She says, pulling away from him. He puts his hands on her face, his thumbs wiping away the remains of her mascara.
"I know it's hard for you. I'm in no place to judge." He gently picks her up, and carries her to her room. "We'll get to the bottom of this case. I promise you that much, Miss Amanda Rollins."