Chapter 38

She sits up in her hotel room, worried about Sonny who is now in the hospital. She gets a call from Benson.
"Sarge, hi."
"We heard what happened. The APD called us." Amanda sighs with relief.
"Thank goodness."
"We're getting on a flight, we'll be there soon."
"Great." Amanda nods and plays over and over again what happened in that house. She falls back, and looks up at the ceiling.
"I did such a bad thing. Getting raped would have been easier than Sonny getting shot, and quite possibly killed." Olivia calls her again.
"Do you know about his state of health?"
"They wouldn't let me see him. I have no idea." Liv sighs and hangs up the phone. Amanda lets her eyes close and she falls asleep, the stress busting down on her.

She's awaken by her phone ringing on her chest.
"We're at your hotel." She jumps up and goes outside of her room, taking the elevator down to meet the squad.
"Rollins, I'm so glad you're okay." Barba says, hugging her gently.
"But Sonny isn't." Liv glances at her. "And I almost wasn't."
"Should we go and see if they will allow you to see him?" Liv asks.
"Sure." They all pile in a car with Fin driving, and Amanda in between Liv and Barba. Amanda directs them to the hospital.
"We're here for Sonny Carisi." Amanda walks up to the front desk saying.
"He can't take guests right now. You all can take a seat, and wait until he's in fair condition." They all take a seat. Amanda bites her nails, feeling anxious and upset. She puts her head in her hands, and hears the door open.
"Rollins, I've looked for you everywhere." She looks up to see her sergeant pointing a gun at them.
"One of you is going to die, because the police department was called." Liv stands up and shows her badge.
"I'm Olivia, Manhattan Special Victims Unit. You're under arrest." He pulls the trigger.
"Liv, get down!" Amanda shouts. She ducks, and the bullet flies right at Amanda. She dives down.
"To APD, we need backup."
"Where's the guy I shot?"
"We don't know. We can't see him yet." Liv stands up and handcuffs him, walking him out to the waiting police car. She lets go of him, putting him in the car. It starts to drive, and the door is kicked open. He chases Liv back into the hospital, and goes back into the rooms. They follow, along with campus police. He slams through a door, which is Sonny's. He points the gun at Sonny.
"You! You bastard-" He's taken out by campus police. Amanda's heart sinks as she sees Sonny lying there, motionless. They're ushered out, and Amanda sits outside of his door, a pit growing in her stomach. Tears fall down her face.
"This was all my fault, this was all my fault." Liv stands her up.
"This wasn't your fault. He sacrificed himself for you." She sighs and Liv hugs her.
"I'll be right back. Here, Barba, take her." He cringes for a second and then opens up his arms to her. The door is opened. Barba rests his hand on hers gently while they're waiting for the doctor to let them know what's happening. The doctor walks out.
"You must be Amanda." She nods. He gives a weak smile. "I know you don't want to hear this, but, we have some bad news for you."