Chapter 7

Sonny walks in the doors of the SVU Headquarters.
"Sarge, I need to talk to you."
"Sure." They both walk into her office, Sonny gently closing the door.
"Rollins was raped twenty years ago. She told me not to tell anyone, but I had to, so she had support if she needed it."
"Why did she just now come clean?" Benson asks.
"The same guy who raped her, raped the fifteen year old in the case we're working on."
"Really?" Sonny nods. "Thanks for letting me know." He walks out to his desk, being greeted by Amanda.
"Rollins, I need you in my office." Benson comes out saying.
"Oh no." Sonny says under his breath, watching her walk away. He shouldn't have told Benson about her. She walks out of the room.
"I told you not to tell Benson about when I was raped. I trusted you."
"Amanda, I'm doing it for your well-being, because I care about you. You're a wreck."
"And I was hoping that could stay between us. I'm leaving." She grabs her bags, and walks outside. Benson walks up behind Sonny.
"Go find her."
"Doesn't she need a female?" She sighs.
"I'll go. You're in charge for a bit around here." He sits down and puts his head in his hands.
"What's up?" Fin comes behind him saying.
"I just betrayed a friend for her safety." He sits down.
"Look, Carisi, if it was for her safety, it's okay." Benson comes in with flushed cheeks.
"She's nowhere to be found. We're going to find her. Let's go." Carisi follows her out the door and into the van. He dials her.
"This is Detective Amanda Rollins. I'm sorry I couldn't get your call, please leave your first and last name and phone number, and I will get back to you when I can. For emergencies, call the NYPD directly."
"Why isn't she answering her phone?" Benson asks. Many things run through Sonny's mind.
"Because she knows it's me. You call her." Benson pulls into the parking lot of her apartment.
"Go in there and see if she's in her apartment. Call me." He nods and runs to her apartment. He calls Benson.
"She's inside her apartment." He gently opens up the door. "And she has a gun to her head!" He drops his phone and runs into the apartment.
"Amanda, drop the gun." She shakes her head. "Drop the gun." Benson walks in behind Sonny. "I said drop the gun, dammit! Or I'll put this gun right to my own head." He yells, putting the muzzle to his head.
"That's not necessary." Benson says, pulling the gun from Sonny's hands. He walks over to Amanda and grabs her gun. She falls into his arms in a heap of tears.
"I'm sorry, Sonny."
"Don't apologize."
"Rollins, what's going on?"
"Nothing." She pulls away from Sonny, sitting up straight.
"Why did you tell her?" Amanda asks Sonny.
"So it wouldn't get to this point!" He responds, picking up the gun she was just holding.
"I know. I'm sorry."
"I'm sorry too. I betrayed your trust." He puts his arm around her and kisses her head slightly.
"So that's what you both were keeping from me."
"Not just you. Don't tell the others." Amanda says. Benson goes to sit by her.
"Both of your secrets are safe with me, Rollins."