Chapter 37

She steps in the door shakily as he shuts it behind her.
"You get impregnated once and have a miscarriage, we'll try again." Amanda starts to cry.
"Please don't. I-" Amanda looks at the door, a mere three feet away from her. She runs at the door, but is pulled back. "You're not leaving." She sits down on his couch.
"I need a child, Amanda." He growls at her, ripping her shirt off.
"Don't hurt me! I'll do anything at all-" he hands her a gun.
"Shoot yourself dead." She takes the gun and puts it to her head. He keeps his hand on hers.
"By the count of three, that bullet better be in your skull."
"One-" Sonny busts in the door, his eyes growing wide.
"Don't do it, Amanda."
"He's making me, I-"
"Shhh, don't speak." Her sergeant says.
"Sonny. She's a worthless little slut that doesn't deserve to live anymore. So instead of hurting her, I'm making her initiate the hurting." Amanda's sad eyes meet Sonny's. He scans the apartment with his eyes, and spots a gun on the table across the room. He quietly walks towards it, staying near Amanda. He picks up the gun.
"Drop the gun from her head." Sonny points it at him.
"It's either her or you." Amanda shakes.
"Just let him shoot me, Sonny!" He shakes his head and slowly walks over to her. He kneels in front of her and wipes tears off of her cheeks gently.
"If anyone deserves to get shot at, it's me, sweetheart." She squeezes her eyes shut, because she know she can't change his mind.
"Shoot me. Just let her go." He takes the gun from Amanda's head.
"So you want me to leave her with an emotional scar that lasts forever?" Her sergeant asks. "Sounds good." He points the gun at Sonny.
"Sarge, no. Don't shoot him. Sexually assault me instead." He draws the gun down.
"You want me to impregnate you again? I'll do it." He says, standing her up and pulling her jeans off. She takes a deep breath.
"I won't let you do that." Sonny comes in between them saying.
"Then I guess this is the only way to settle things." He pushes Amanda down onto the couch and pulls out two guns.
"I'll shoot you both dead." Amanda nods.
"Just me! Just shoot me."
"No, bitch. I need you for my child." She starts to cry as he lowers the gun pointed at her.
"If you won't back off and let me get the bitch pregnant, you die." He keeps the gun pointed at Sonny.
"Sarge-"
"It's too late, Amanda. There's nothing we can do." Amanda tries to kick the gun out of his hand, but he pushes her leg away.
"I'll let you go, Amanda." She stands up and next to Sonny.
"Not without Sonny." Her sergeant shrugs.
"Close your eyes, Rollins. It'll be easier for you that way."
"Sonny, run!" She yells.
"No, Amanda. Go. Your safety is more important." She shakes her head and once again gives up arguing. She wraps her arms around his chest and puts her nose against his cheek. She closes her eyes, hearing a loud gunshot and feeling Sonny fall limp into her arms.