Chapter 45

Amanda sits on a chair across from Sonny, bars separating them. She looks over at Barba in the cell next to Sonny, and her old sergeant on the other side. She bites her lips, wanting to say something. She turns around to the rest of the squad sitting, working.
"Sarge, can I talk to Sonny for a few minutes?" She nods and comes to let him out. They walk into an office.
"Confess to me right now, Sonny. Did you do that?"
"Of course not. I would never-"
"Sonny, you can be honest with me. I won't rat you out to Liv, or anyone. Be honest."
"Amanda." He takes her head in his hands. "We argued. I get that. But I'd never vandalize a building or publicly humiliate you or the NYPD."
"Who could it be?" She asks. He shrugs. She wraps her arms around him, his body easily protecting hers.
"I love you. So much." She says.
"I love you too." He responds to her as they walk out. Liv lets him back into the small cell.
"Go home and get some sleep. I know you'll love being in your own apartment again." He throws her the keys he has. She smiles and slowly starts to walk.
"Wait, Rollins. I can drive you." She nods and follows Liv out. They're quiet the whole way back.
"Thank you." Amanda says, pulling up in front of her apartment. Liv nods.
"Hey, Rollins. Stay safe." She nods and opens up the apartment doors. She goes to lie on her bed, suddenly starting to shake.
"My sergeant is in New York, what if he escapes and-" she keeps trembling. She jolts up.
"Sonny's attacker escaped, what if mine does too?" She wipes her hand over her cool forehead, and slowly starts to hyperventilate, lying back down. She closes her eyes, trying to sleep. Unsuccessful, she looks over at where Sonny would sleep, and decides to get up and look out the window at the city below her. She pulls her phone out and calls Liv.
"I'm having anxiety attacks and my PTSD is getting bad, Liv. You have to let Sonny go."
"Sonny is still a suspect, Rollins! I can't let him go unless I want to lose my job."
"Can I come to the office and sit with him at least?"
"He got moved to maximum security."
"Why?" Amanda wails.
"We can't tell you. Sonny asked us not to."
"But I deserve to know!"
"We have to follow the requests of our suspects. If he doesn't want you to know, you won't know. End of story." She sighs.
"Okay. Sorry to bother you."
"Do you need someone to come and be with you for the night?"
"I'll be okay."
"Don't let me down, Rollins. You better not be lying to me. Stay away from those sharp objects, drugs, and alcohol please." She cringes.
"Fine."
"Promise me."
"I promise..." She mumbles, hanging up, and peeling back her bandage. She starts to harshly pick at the scabs forming on her arm.
"Sonny, I know you're innocent. Please tell me you're innocent..."