Chapter 22

Amanda gets back to her apartment, sitting on her couch opening her laptop. She debates video chatting with Sonny.
"He wants nothing to do with me." She clicks Skype and calls Sonny. He answers, in a house with his boxes all unpacked.
"I just wanted to check in and see how you were settling in."
"I'm fine. How are you holding up?" She remembers back to work and feels her throat get tight.
"I'm fine." She smiles. "I miss you." She sees the discomfort on his face. "A-as a partner of course."
"I miss the whole squad." She looks down at Frannie, and gives her a pat on the head.
"Amanda, I'll be back in a second." Sonny says, nodding. He walks away from the computer.
"Frannie Mae, you must be lucky. You don't have to deal with breakups." He returns.
"You're never one to hold things back. What's on your mind?" She lets go of her breath.
"I, I guess I don't just miss you as a partner. I want your arms wrapped around me-" she starts to cry.
"Amanda, I miss you too. But it's over. You need to learn to accept that it's done."
"Sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up."
"Amanda, I left Staten Island to find something special. And I did. But that special thing I found was lost all by an assault."
"You should know not to run away from your problems like you did!" She holds her fist to her lips, calming herself down.
"The only person to run away from their problems is you. I didn't try to commit suicide twice." Amanda shakes with anger.
"What's the matter with you? Why are you acting so weird?"
"You're the one acting weird. You brought up running away from my problems." She looks out her window.
"Sonny!" she hears from the other end. He turns around and greets her with a hug.
"I'm glad you're back from work." He looks at the camera and his face drops.
"I should go, Amanda." Anger boils inside of her.
"Who is she?"
"Nobody. Good luck in Manhattan."
"Sonny Carisi, answer me." He looks at the girl sitting next to him.
"Amanda, this is my girlfriend." Amanda's heart drops through her pants.
"When did you meet her?" The anger is fueling.
"Babe, you should go." He says to the girl at his side.
"When'd you meet this bitch?" She clenches her fists.
"Before I moved to Manhattan."
"And when did you start dating her?" She yells.
"You just can't accept that we're not in a relationship anymore, can you, Amanda?" He yells back at her.
"Answer the goddamn question, Carisi!"
"I started dating her while I was in Manhattan." Amanda burns with rage.
"While you were dating... Me?!" She gets quieter.
"Sorry, Amanda." He says, hanging up the call.