Chapter 8

"We can talk through this if you want to." Sonny says to Amanda, sitting on the bed across from him.
"It's done now, just like the case. It's been twenty years, he's dead." Amanda says, getting up to pace around the room.
"You almost were too."
"And Liv knows we're in a relationship."
"Come here." She sits on the edge of the bed.
"I'm worried about your state of mental health-"
"I'm fine, Sonny." She says, leaning her head against his shoulder.
"I know you're not fine. I recognize the angst in your voice from when we used to fight all the time at the headquarters." She closes her eyes.
"I told you, I'm fine." She rips away from him, and walks to the bathroom, locking the door.
"Amanda, I'm in the NYPD, you know damn well I can bust that door down in a second." She opens the door, beads of tears lining her eyes.
"I know you can. And I know that even though you're trying to help me, you're making everything worse. Just go home."
"I don't want to go home, I'm worried and-"
"I know you're worried. I'm worried about you as well, your eyes drooped and sad."
"Let me stay, Amanda. You need the support."
"Sonny." She holds his shoulders tightly. "As much as I know you care about me, you must go home and rest." He leads her to the bedroom, and lightly puts his hand on hers, but she pulls it away.
"What's gotten into you? Talk to me about it." She looks away. "Amanda, please."
"Sonny, I asked you nicely to leave me alone."
"Okay. Okay. I'll leave you." He walks out the door, and gets into his car. He can't hide the fact he's worried about Amanda. Especially after putting a gun to her head earlier.
"I wonder what's up with her." He asks himself, distraught, as he lets himself into his own house, falling onto the couch.
"She's been acting weird since Liv found out she was raped." His thoughts make him doze off.

His phone loudly ringing on the table next to him wakes him up suddenly. With bleary eyes, he quickly makes out the name.
"Amanda-"
"Sonny, I really need you. Come as fast as you can." He fingers his keys in his pocket.
"I'm on my way." He quickly gets into his car and drives to her apartment. He opens the door gently, trying not to disturb her neighbors. He walks into her bedroom.
"Sonny!" She throws her arms around his neck. "I'm so glad to see you." He hugs her back. "I just needed you here. Sorry for waking you at four in the morning to deal with me."
"I wasn't sleeping. I was worried about you." He gently lies her down, and she puts her head on his chest, his heartbeat gently putting her to sleep.