Chapter 10

"She's being dragged all around New York." Benson says, looking at her phone, once again in the car.
"Why didn't you shoot him when you could? Now he could be across the state somewhere, doing unthinkable things to Amanda."
"Nick, relax."
"I can't relax." Why didn't we kill him right on the spot?"
"When he grabbed Amanda, he knew that if we shot him, it would kill her too. He's smart, Nick." They open up the live stream again. She's being viciously raped.
"I can't watch this." Benson says, handing the phone over to Sonny.
"They're at Amanda's apartment. I recognize it."
"Fin, head the other way." He turns around completely and drives off hurriedly. Sonny watches the screen closely. She sits up, blood pouring from her mouth, and tears from her eyes. She licks her lips and spits blood out of her mouth.
"NYPD are onto us again. Come on slut, we gotta go." He grabs her firmly by her loose ponytail and drags her out the door, taking the video camera with him.
"They're moving again. Get to her house quickly so that he's caught!" Sonny yells, making Fin speed up.
"Carisi, it's not happening. It's another hour away-"
"I don't care. Get to Amanda, and do it quickly." He watches as Amanda is put in a trunk of a car.
"I'll be right back. Don't move." He laughs.
"Oh right, you can't. All the requests will come through the speaker so you can hear them." He shuts the door.
"Liv, Sonny, if you're still watching this. We're heading towards an abandoned hospital near the headquarters. Please rescue me." She starts to cry, her head and body bleeding. Sonny dials the number, and he hears his voice through the feed.
"Amanda, it's Sonny. You're going to be safe. I promise you, princess."
"Sonny-" Benson grabs the phone from Sonny.
"Rollins, listen to me. I know you're going through a lot, but we'll be there soon."
"Why didn't you shoot him dead when you guys had him?" The rage pours from her mouth.
"Amanda."
"Sorry."
"Do you know where you are?"
"No." Benson sighs.
"Locate where you are and run to the headquarters." She gets up to peek her head out the window.
"I can't run."
"Why is that?"
"My leg hurts."
"Get to her, now!"
"I'm on my way, Sarge."
"At least kick out a window and hide in some brush next to the car." She nods and attempts to kick out of the back window.
"I can't. My legs are bound and broken."
"What kind of car are we looking for?"
"Some black minivan." The video feed freezes.
"We'll never get to her on time." Fin grumbles.
"Maybe, Fin, you could stop being so pessimistic and drive!"
"Guys! Let's not fight." Nick jumps in. "This isn't about our differences as normal people. When we're in SVU, we work as a team, despite how different we may be."
"Nick's right. Let's just focus on finding Amanda. And soon." Benson says, scanning the road for a car. The feed comes back on. Half of her face is swollen, and her mouth is taped. They pull up behind a car.
"Be careful." Benson says to Fin, getting out of the car.
"I got it."
"I'll go look in the trunk." Nick offers. They both leave, and Liv and Sonny are left alone.
"I know this must be killer for you. I'm so sorry." She says, putting a hand on his shoulder.
"I just hope we get to her before it's too late."
"We will. Don't you worry." A bullet flies through the glass of the police car.
"Shit, get down." They both duck. Fin and Nick return to the car.
"Not him. Let's go to the hospital he's taking Amanda to." They speed down the road, and soon come upon the headquarters.
"Fin, go check and see if she's in there, quickly." He runs inside.
"This is just as bad for us as it is for you, Carisi." She says.
"She's not in there. Let's go to the hospital."
"Do you know where it is?"
"I've driven past it." They rush off in the direction of the hospital.
"This is it." Fin parks the car and they all run into the hospital. They're greeted with an empty room.
"That's why they geotagged it. So they could get away." Sonny lightly massages his head with his fingers.
"She has to be here. Somewhere." He picks up a piece of her clothing. She can't be dead-" He starts to get sharp pains in his chest.
"Amanda, no."
"Carisi, let's get a move on." He holds the torn up shirt to his face, inhaling her scent. He wishes he could be back at her apartment, holding her, her head lying gently on his chest, putting her to sleep. He misses her beautiful blonde hair and her blue eyes that shone like the ocean. He snaps out of his daze and runs after the rest of the squad out the door.