Chapter 12

Sonny saunters into work, Amanda's words from last night haunting his head.
"We need to have a meeting everyone. My office." Benson says, walking into her office.
"This better not be about hiring a new detective." Carisi says to himself. She shuts the door.
"We need to make sure this never happens again. Do you hear me? Never."
"Yes Serge." They all mumble.
"You all are dismissed. Carisi, stick around." He closes his eyes.
"Was she okay?" He shakes his head.
"She was blaming herself and saying she'd be better off dead than living with the mindset that she's a slut." Benson gently puts her palm to her forehead.
"Go to her apartment. She's not answering my texts. Give her absolutely anything and everything she needs." He nods and walks outside to his car.
"I can't get her out of that mindset. I don't think I ever will." He says aloud to himself as he drives. He pulls up in front of her apartment and walks up the stairs. He lightly knocks on the door.
"Amanda?" He grabs hold of the knob and opens it. She's sitting on the couch wrapped in a blanket. Carisi swoons at the sight and walks in. He sits next to her.
"Go to work." She mumbles.
"I came from work to see you. Under Benson's command." She looks away from him. "What's going on now?"
"I'm getting threatening text messages. I'm a target now. I smashed my phone and I've been sitting here all day, waiting for someone to come pick me up and rape me." He swallows.
"Come here." He pats his lap. She discreetly eyes his lap and slowly sits down on him.
"There you go." He pushes her hair back behind her ear.
"I can't trust anyone." She says into his neck.
"You're trusting me right now." She starts breathing heavily. Here come the tears that cut him up.
"Nobody's coming for you. We're making sure of it."
"Are you sure? I feel like-" he nods.
"You know that the whole squad is behind you on this."
"Stop them from texting me! So many random numbers asking where I live. I need to move out of New York. Go back to Georgia-"
"You could never do that. We're a team here."
"We're a team, but nobody understands what I'm going through until it actually happens to them." He nods, gently resting his hands on her back.
"If you go back to Georgia, I'll miss you." A smile crosses her cheeks for the first time.
"Okay. I'll stay." He smiles and holds her against his chest once again.
"Goodnight Amanda."
"Goodnight." Her eyes close, but his stay open. If he would have lost her, the one true reason he's living life, he would have never been able to recover. He closes his eyes finally.

He's awaken by banging, but he can't figure out where it's from. His eyes open, still adjusting to the darkness. Amanda is awake now.
"What is that?"
"I don't know. I'll call the squad." He hangs up.
"They're on their way." The door is kicked open.
"You, blondie. Come with me." She grabs on to Sonny tightly.
"You heard me. Come on!" He barks as he inches closer to them. He reaches his hand out to grab her.
"Don't you dare hurt her." Sonny says. " If you take her, you take us both."