Chapter 44

"Sonny, please." She goes to take the knife from his hand.
"You can't stop me this time, Amanda." They fight over the knife, and he drops it, cutting her foot. She leans down to pick it up. He barges out the door, and she sits on the floor, crying. He comes back in.
"I made a mistake, Sonny. You know you're the one and only person that I love." He shakes his head.
"I'm never marrying you." He takes out the tablet and deletes all of the pictures.
"Sonny, please listen to me. Please." She sits him down.
"My life feels complete with you. If you didn't love me, you wouldn't have sacrificed your life so I didn't get raped."
"That was before you went off with the District Attorney! You can never trust them."
"I don't trust him. Well, I do. But I don't."
"Which is it?"
"I trust him as my lawyer. He won for me in court, remember?"
"I wish he hadn't." Amanda bites her lip and lets it slide.
"I know you're hurting right now. It pains me to see. You just have to trust that I love you." His bright eyes meet hers.
"I trust you." Amanda sighs in relief. "Sorry for all the harsh things I said."
"I've been in that situation. I know it's tough and you don't really mean it." He smiles and nods. Sonny gets a call from Liv.
"Hey Sarge."
"Hello Carisi, we were going to come up and check on you, but you and Amanda need to come see this. Meet us in front." She hangs up.
"What was that about?"
"Sarge wants us to see something. Let's go." They walk out of their hotel room to see everyone crowding at the windows. They walk out to see the squad gathered around a portion of the hotel.
"What was it?" Amanda asks. They step back. Liv doesn't look up from her paper.
"Vandalism."
"Why is it relevant to us?" Sonny asks. They step back. What is written on the wall shocks both Sonny and Amanda.
Amanda Rollins is a slut.
Don't trust NYPD detectives. Amanda takes a deep breath in and feels like she's going to get sick.
"Who do you think could have written this?"
"My old sergeant-" They walk around to the other side of the building. There's more vandalism.
Lying, cheating asshole. Her head starts to pound.
"Rollins, who could this be?" She looks up to Sonny.
"When you left earlier-"
"Amanda, it wasn't me. I would never ever do that to you."
"That means it was-" they look at each other in horror.
"Barba." She whispers.
"Wait, what?" Liv says.
"I was drunk and Barba came over and we kissed." She looks down in shame.
"We're going to have to take you," she points to Sonny. "Barba, and your sergeant into our hands until we can get to the bottom of this."
"Liv, you have to let me stay with Sonny."
"Fine. Tomorrow, be at the airport at five am sharp so we can fly back to Manhattan."
"Liv- I don't want to go back."
"It's either staying here in Georgia, or going back to Manhattan with Sonny while he's taken into custody temporarily at the headquarters. You have to choose one or the other, and if I were you, I'd stay."