Chapter 26

She wakes up groaning in pain because of her ankle. She blinks a few times, noticing Sonny is gone. She sits up and elevates her foot on the table in front of her TV as she turns it on. She turns on the news.
"An NYPD officer was caught selling drugs to dealers late last night in the city." She looks up.
"Caught?!"
"It was reported by an anonymous caller to the Special Victims Unit headquarters in Manhattan." Her eyes grow wide.
"I didn't sell him the drugs!-" she turns off the TV and lies down, covering her ears. The door opens and Sonny walks in.
"Amanda, I had to tell Liv."
"You didn't-"
"I did. She said she'd be over."
"Sonny! I was desperate to get home."
"That doesn't make screwing with the law legal." She sighs and reaches for the bottled water and pills beside her.
"If I take enough of these, I'll pass out before she gets here." He takes them away and sits down next to her.
"Did you get your job back?" She asks, noticing his badge.
"Yes. They offered it to me."
"That's great news!" She rests her head on his shoulder. He gets a call from a number Amanda doesn't recognize. She listens closely to his end of the conversation.
"Hey. No. Sorry." He starts to get a little down. "Okay. See you in a few." He hangs up.
"You look so sad. What was that about?" Amanda asks him.
"That was the girl that was with me the night I talked to you."
"What happened?"
"She said she got a new boyfriend she wants me to see." He pulls his laptop out of the case. He calls her quickly and she appears on the screen.
"Sonny, meet-" the camera is turned. Sonny gasps.
"That's the guy who assaulted me!" He gives him a glare.
"And I'd thankfully do it again now that you hurt my baby to get back with your old-" Amanda leans the other way, resting her arm on the armrest.
"You can't be out already."
"I escaped." He smiles like it's an achievement. Sonny looks over at Amanda, implying she call for help
"Manhattan to Staten Island, we have an escaped convict." He shuts his computer.
"I'm so sorry, Sonny."
"I'm fine." She puts her arms around him gently. There is another knock on the door.
"Come in." It's Liv, Fin, and Nick.
"Amanda, we heard about your issues."
"Sarge, I was desperate to get home and not be out there alone again. The PTSD is worse enough as it is."
"I have no choice but to fire you." Her eyes grow wide again.
"W-what?! Fire me? I live for this job!" She stands up.
"Amanda Rollins, you're under arrest for distribution of drugs and driving under the influence. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."