Chapter 15

She holds the phone against her chest, her heart and soul aching for him. Her phone vibrates on her chest. She blinks a few times and sees 'Carisi' printed on the screen. She answers the phone.
"Sonny-"
"Amanda, I need to keep this quick. They let me have one call."
"Why didn't you call Liv? You could have told her where you were."
"I figured you were pretty terrified like I was when you went missing." He gets quiet.
"Tell me where you are. I'll tell Liv."
"I can't, Amanda." He mumbles. "He's with me. If I tell you he'll-" he becomes quiet. "I don't want to scare you."
"Oh, I'm already scared enough. But are you okay?" He clears his throat.
"I have to go."
"Answer me!" She squeaks in frustration.
"I can't. I would say see you soon, but I know I won't."
"Sonny-" the line goes silent. Hot tears form at her eyes as she dials Olivia.
"Sonny just called me." She says, followed by commotion.
"Hold on. We'll be right there." She hangs up. She closes her eyes to rest once again.
"I wish someone would tell me what's going on." She grumbles to herself. The door is opened.
"We're going to track his number and then find him. Easy enough." Amanda throws her the phone.
"It looks like they're in a university in Chicago."
"Chicago?!" Amanda starts to feel sick.
"That leads me to believe that he's a student." She takes a deep breath.
"We'll get on the next flight. Do you need someone to stay with you?"
"I'll be alright. Go find him." They all leave Amanda.
"I can't believe he's in Chicago. So far away-" she trails off, tears pouring down her face. "He was just trying to protect me, and now he's terrified for his life." She rolls over and puts her head into the pillow. Her phone vibrates next to her again. She reaches over to pick it up.
"We're on our way to Chicago. Are you still doing alright?" She hears Liv's voice on the other end.
"Yes, you just know how I hate hospitals."
"I do. If you want, we can stay on the phone."
"I think I'll just get some sleep. Thanks though, Liv."
"You're welcome. I hope we find Carisi soon."
"Me too." She says. "More than anything."
"Why don't you call him?" Liv asks.
"I don't want to get him in trouble." She sighs.
"Alright Rollins, we'll do what we can." She smiles to herself, putting the phone on the table and closing her eyes, hoping to get some sleep.