Chapter 17

They have been back at Sonny's house for almost a week. They both got to take as long as they wanted off of work.
"We'll cover you." They said, as much as Carisi and Rollins argued. But they lost that argument. Amanda looks at Sonny from across the couch, looking over at the TV. He senses her eyes on him, so he turns around and opens up his arms. Careful of his broken bones and injuries, she slowly climbs to him. Seeing her, he does something he hasn't in a long time. Smiled. Amanda opens up her mouth to say something, but is cut off by Sonny's phone ringing.
"It's Liv." He answers, and puts it on speakerphone.
"Hey, Carisi. I hope you're doing well."
"Healing."
"Good. I'm calling you to talk about testifying against your attacker." Amanda nods.
"I-I can't."
"You don't have to, but it'd be better if you would."
"I can barely even point a gun at someone and shoot, Liv. I can't testify against him."
"Testify." Amanda says. "It'll make you feel better." He sighs.
"Fine. I'll testify."
"Be in court tomorrow at ten to meet with Barba." He nods and hangs up.
"Are you sure you can testify?" Amanda asks. He slowly shakes his head, falling into her shoulder. She holds his hand in the black cast he's wearing around his hand.
"Seeing his face in court and knowing what he did to me-" Amanda nods.
"I'm sorry. I know you went through the same thing, and I shouldn't be loading you with my problems."
"That's what I'm here for. To listen to you." She rests her hands on his cheeks, wiping away his tears. "Knowing you, you can get through anything." She continues, smiling.
"Thank you, Amanda." She looks up at him, tears burning in her eyes.
"It hurts me to see you suffering."
"I'm fine."
"Okay-" Amanda's sentence cuts short by a knock on the door. Sonny tries to get up.
"I'll answer it. Sit down and elevate that leg." He sighs and Amanda stands up and opens his door.
"Hey Fin, come on in." He walks in.
"I wanted to check on the pal." Sonny lights up.
"I'm glad to see you."
"I'm glad to see you too." Amanda blanks out their conversation to look over at Sonny, smiling and being happy, like she hadn't seen in so long, and it's so very nice to see.
"We'll see you at court tomorrow." Sonny nods.
"It was nice of you to stop by." He leaves.
"I miss everyone." Amanda says.
"Me too. We'll see them all in court tomorrow." She nods and yawns.
"I'm tired."
"So am I. Let's get some sleep." Sonny hoists himself up onto his crutches and leads the way into his bedroom. Amanda unmakes the bed and helps him into bed, and then getting in herself. He rests his broken wrist on his chest.
"Sleep well. Know I'll be there in court tomorrow with you." He grins slightly.
"Goodnight Amanda."