Chapter 34

She wakes up, almost smiling to herself. Sonny's eyes open gently. To her smiling face.
"What are you smiling about?"
"We had sex last night. All of the love and passion I could feel flowing within you made me think. I would never leave Manhattan, because this is the truest love I've had." He smiles to himself. "But I feel like I'm compelled to leave."
"Nobody wants you to leave."
"The squad hates me, Sonny."
"Sweetheart, they don't hate you." He strokes her cheeks. She rolls her eyes and he gets up to change for work. She walks into the kitchen, restricting her longing for Georgia. Sonny walks out, adjusting his tie.
"Have a great day at work." Amanda says, tears in her eyes.
"Are you okay?" He asks with a concerning tone. She wipes away her tear.
"I'm fine."
"I don't think I should leave you." She bites her lip.
"It's okay. I'll be fine today." She kisses him gently and he walks out the door. She lets the tears spill over as she pulls box after box out of her closet labeled 'When I Move Back' she opens it and counts the money inside.
"Three grand. Perfect." She seals it with tape and puts it on the couch. She opens up her laptop and books a flight back to Georgia. She picks up her phone and dials Atlanta SVU.
"Hi. It's Amanda."
"Amanda!" She hears from the other end. "It's great to be hearing from you. How has Manhattan SVU been treating you?" She swallows.
"We've had some complications. I called to ask you a question, sarge." She says uncomfortably.
"Anything."
"I'm moving back to Georgia tomorrow. Can I stay with you for a bit while I get settled in?"
"Of course." There's a sense of malice in his voice. "Just like those old days, huh?" Amanda cringes.
"See you tomorrow, babydoll." Tears start to roll down her cheeks again. She calls Sonny this time.
"Come home, please. I want to talk to you."
"I'll be there as soon as I can." She walks over to the window, enjoying the beautiful view of New York for the last time. She sits, pondering and staring out the window. She hears the door open.
"What do you need?" Sonny comes to stand next to her.
"I want to move back to Georgia. Be a part of Atlanta SVU again where I don't have a bad record-"
"Don't leave. We all love and care about you here."
"I want you to come with me. I want you to make a life there with me."
"I love my job here, Amanda. I can't leave that-"
"For me? I understand." She slowly walks away from the window and picks up her box. "Here's the keys to my apartment. I hope you don't miss me too much." She opens the door.
"Amanda, wait." She looks back.
"I'll come with you, maybe just stay for a few weeks. Let's just stop by the headquarters and tell them the situation." They both get in the car and Sonny drives them to the headquarters.
"I'll stay here." Amanda says, hugging her box tighter. He nods and gets out of the car, taking off his badge. Amanda sits there, almost scared of going back to Georgia. Sonny comes back out after a long time, and they drive to the airport, almost silently the whole way. They board their plane immediately, Amanda safely putting her box under the seat.
"What's in the box?" She stays quiet, looking down at the skyline. "Amanda, talk to me. What's upsetting you?"
"A few things." He looks into her eyes.
"Is it something to do with going to Georgia?"
"Yes."
"What is it?"
"Before I tell you, I should say that I haven't been completely honest with you."
"Go on."
"I know that I told you that I had been assaulted before, by that guy that we arrested."
"Yeah?"
"But that was in New York. I stayed with my previous sergeant while I was in Atlanta SVU and he-"
"He assaulted you?"
"Many times. Multiple times at night after we clocked out-"
"We'll just avoid him then."
"Well, I called him and asked if we could stay with him. He's the only one I know and.." She trails off.
"It'll be okay. I promise." She smiles gently and rests her head on his shoulder, and slowly drifts off to sleep.

She wakes up to the plane stopped, and she jumps up, grabbing her box.
"Are you sure you're okay?" She nods as they walk out of the gate to see her sergeant standing there.
"Hi Amanda." She smiles weakly.
"Hi sarge. This is Sonny. My boyfriend."
"I- thought you were coming alone." Sonny steps in.
"I need her." She smiles as they follow him to his car. Amanda looks at the time on her phone. Almost midnight. They arrive at his house.
"Pick whatever room you want." He grumbles as they walk to a room with a queen sized bed in the middle. They both sit on the bed.
"I'm sorry I made you do this. I just couldn't live without you while I was here."
"It's okay, Amanda. Plus, I think you'll be safer with me here." She smiles as he pulls her into a hug. They gently start to fall asleep together once again. Soon, she's shaken awake.
"What?" She whispers.
"Shut up. Come with me." She holds onto the bed.
"No!" She fights him. "Help me, Sonny, help me.." He tapes her mouth shut and picks her up to bring her to another room. He strips her clothes off and starts to rape her. She rips the tape off of her mouth.
"Sonny! Help me!" The tape is put back on her mouth. She hears the patter of feet as he runs to them. Tears run down Amanda's face, getting under the tape on her mouth and going into her mouth.
"You're playing a dangerous game, trying to assault someone with another police officer in the room." Sonny pulls out a pair of cuffs, and restricts his hands, pushing him out his front door and locking it, and then gently removing the tape from Amanda's mouth.
"You were right, Sonny. This was a bad idea. A really, really bad idea." She stands up, obviously aching, and walks to the bathroom, leaving Sonny behind, alone and worried.