Chapter 3

After Kaya takes in the marvellous view, she feels someone firmly grip her arms and tie her hands behind her back

After Kaya takes in the marvellous view, she feels someone firmly grip her arms and tie her hands behind her back. Feeling betrayed, she turns her head and gets ready to boot her foot to whoever was doing this.

"What the hell, we had a deal." She huffs

"Just because you're one of us doesn't mean we trust you." The captain says whilst tightening the ropes. Against her instincts, Kaya complies, and gets on a cart to where she assumes will take her to the scouting legions base. The long and awkward journey causes her to get agitated, so she taps her foot, eager to see what will happen to her.
.
.
.
Kaya was now in a forest. She knew about them from the books she stole, but the pictures could never compare to the real thing. She could hear birds chirping and smell all the wildlife around her. 'Maybe I made the right choice after all' she thought whilst taking in the scenery around her. Up ahead, she saw what looked to be a castle, it was beautiful and nothing like the architecture from the underground. As she was mesmerised by the sight of the castle, she was interrupted by the jolt of the cart stopping. The commander, and the rest of the squad that travelled with her motioned for her to go inside.

Within no time, they made it to a hall, leaving no time for her to look at the interior of the castle. She had assumed this was where she was going to be lectured about, what she can and cant do.

Her expectations right as commander Erwin took the seat at the end of the table. "What's your name. The fox of the underground is a bit of a mouthful." He asks looking towards the ghoul.

"Kaya" she answers. Leaving the rest of the table so shocked at her blunt response.

"You will be stationed in your own room besides captain Levi and cadet Petra Ral. Your training will begin at dawn and the special operations squad will see to it that you are ready for our next upcoming expedition." He states while gaining a few mutters from the other cadets at the table. "I must go now, I have other important matters to deal with concerning the expedition routes." Just like that, commander Erwin got out of his seat and left. Leaving the rest in a uncomfortable silence.

"Petra" the captain broke out.

"Yes Captain?" The other female of the squad answered. She had shoulder length, strawberry blonde hair and brown eyes. No one could deny the fact that the bright smile on her face made her look adorable.

"The brats your responsibility." He instructed, taking a sip of his tea. Petra swiftly nodded and stood up.

"Come with me I'll give you a tour." The strawberry blonde said before turning away and continuing her exit. Kaya hesitated for a moment but then shortly followed her. The silence was deafening and the ghoul was growing was growing impatient by the slow pace they were going. Being a thief in the underground, she didn't do much walking. She always had somewhere to be or someone to run from.

"So whats it like living in the underground? I've heard things but I want to know from someone who has actually lived there." Petra asks, making small talk.