Chapter 9

The ghoul awoke to the sound of fists banging against her door, she forgot that she had locked it the night before. Kaya reluctantly got out of bed and answered the door to try and get the person who was violently knocking, to stop. However, the ghoul was still half asleep and didn't realise her strength when opening the door. A loud crash could be heard for miles and the two people stood in the doorway were both in shock. The ghoul had taken the door straight from its hinges.

"Did you have to knock so aggressively!?" She yelled at the captain, pinning the blame on him.

"My knocking didn't make the door fall of, that's on you." Levi said in a monotone voice, that didn't match his shocked face.

"Whatever, I guess you won't have to knock anymore, anyways." Kaya scowled, she needed her privacy. Considering the ghoul had stolen a book that could potentially expose her and hidden it in her room, was risky, if someone were to find it then she would be as good as dead.

"Why was your door locked anyways?" The scout asked her.

"Well, breaking in to someone's room and watching them sleep, tends to make people do that!" She retorted, still angered from being woken from her sleep.

The two continued to glare at each other until Eren came and interrupted. "Is everything alright Captain, a heard yelling and a crash." The titan shifter asked.

"Everything's fine, Oluo's looking for you." The ghoul lied, wanting to avoid conversing with the brat. Eren complied and went to find Oluo, leaving the two shorter scouts to continue their glaring. Kaya didn't want to give up, she was still fuelled by anger and still tired from her previous day.

"What'd you want anyways?" The thief asked, breaking the silence.

"The report, and we need to meet Erwin in an hour." He replied.

The ghouls eyes widened when she remembered where she had placed the report, it was hidden, right next to her book about ghouls. With out her door, the captain would clearly be able to see her hiding spot and if she wasn't careful, he could see the book. Kaya sighed and went into her room, hoping that the captain wouldn't follow her in. To her luck, he stayed in the doorway and waited for her to hand him the report.

The ghoul kneeled over the plank of wood and towered over it, knowing Levi wouldn't be able to see the contents over her figure. Kaya rummaged around and finally located the report and note that she had attached earlier and placed it to her side before quickly covering up her hiding spot.

"Here, I've attached the note." She said while handing it to him.

"What else are you hiding in there?" He asked bluntly, not even fully taking in his own question. "Never mind." He quickly recovered and then left to go to his office. The ghoul slouched against the wall and buried her head in her hands, she was so close to her secret being outed, she needed to find a new place to hide the book. After she found a lack of hiding spots, she settled for another plank of flooring, this time it was under her bed.

Later on, once the amber eyed girl was dressed and had finally calmed down from the rough morning she had, the ghoul made her way to the stables and saw Levi tending to his horse. However, she also saw, heard and smelt a whole new bundle of people. Kaya was aware that recruits were coming, but she didn't expect it to be so soon, if that was the case then she would probably have to share a room with another soldier for space.

Suddenly the ghoul heard the familiar voice of Mikasa Ackerman. "Have they mistreated you in any way, like subjecting you to any evil experiments or some sort of mental anguish?" Mikasa asked the shifter.

Kaya chuckled and went over to where the captain stood to see the expression on the raven haired girls face. "That pipsqueak took things way to far, I will make him pay for it one day." She scowled. The ghoul laughed from behind the captain, causing her to receive a few looks from the cadets in front of her.