Chapter 37

As soon as the scouts arrived back at their base, Eren and Mikasa were put into captivity as a way of reprimanding them for their mutiny when Armin was saved. It was only for a few days so none of the scouts really minded too much, even if they would've done the same thing.

"Is it finally over?" Kaya muttered, unintentionally getting an answer from the captain.

"Far from it, but for now, we've earned ourselves a breather." He answered.

"You know what I could go for right now?" Kaya leaned her head on Levi's shoulder. "A warm cup of tea, want some?"

Levi nodded and Kaya got to work boiling the water. She decided she was going to make normal tea for herself, she'd eaten the day earlier anyways. Now that she'd told the squad about her situation, she felt as though a weight was lifted from her shoulders, but it came with the price of losing yet another friend.

"Here." She handed him the black tea before taking a seat next to him.

"After all that shit, I think I've earned myself a promotion. How does Section Commander Kaya sound? Or maybe Captain Kaya?" The thief tried to make conversation.

"I prefer cadet Kaya, that way, I still get to order you around."

"You act as though I've ever followed your orders without argument. Besides, I could get used to living the life of a higher up." She put her feet on the table and leaned her head back into her chair. "Remember when I told you what I wanted to do after we won?" She asked in a more serious tone.

"Briefly, you wanted to explore the word, right?" Levi answered.

"I get that you'd rather settle down, but can we go on an adventure first? I wanna see the sea, the thing Armin talks about constantly." She added.

"I guess, as soon as it's safe to leave, we could ask Hange? But don't be disappointed if whatever you're looking for's been eradicated by the titans." The captain said, he knew that deep down, Kaya was longing to find more of her kind, someone that could understand her unlike him.

"I don't think I wanna find them anymore." She began, taking a sip of her tea. "If I could've done it a few months ago, then I would've taken the chance. But now, I guess I'm happy, with you.

As usual, the moment the couple shared was interrupted by their new commander, Hange. "Hey, I've just received word from Armin that somethings off with Eren."

"Of course, when is there not something off with Eren?" Kaya rolled her eyes. "Coming?"

"Tch, that brat needs to learn how to take care of himself, we aren't here to wipe his ass whenever he pleases." Levi stated with an annoyed tone.

"I thought this shit was Mikasa's job." Kaya scoffed as the three walked towards the basement where the others were being jailed.

"It's called the Attack titan." Eren muttered, oblivious to the scouts gathered around his cell.

"What's that all about?" Hange asked, catching the attention of the shifter. "It's called the attack titan. That's what you just did remember?" Hange mimicked.

"No?" Eren remained confused.

"Oh cmon! He did! Am I the only one who saw him?" They yelled.

"I think it was just-" Armin tried to compromise but couldn't even get a sentence out.

"Just what! Who the hell were you talking to?"

"Even I've got to admit, that's kinda weird." Kaya interjected.

"You said the name of your titan, right? Are you practicing ways to introduce him or?"

"Leave it alone Hange, he's 15 years old, we all go through a phase like this." Levi interrupted.

"A phase where you mutter weird crap while posing?" The scientist asked. Both them and Kaya were beyond confused as to why the others were acting so normal about this.

"Is it a guy thing? What's the deal here?" Kaya shrugged, earning a nod from Hange.

"Sort of, I'll explain it to you later. It's not right to discuss it in here." Armin whispered.

"Oh it's that kind of phase?" Hange and Kaya synchronised, earning a glare from Eren.

"What the hell do you guys want!?" He yelled.

"Woah!" The ghoul tilted her head at the attitude he'd shot at them. "Turn down the testosterone, it's way to early for you to be shouting." Kaya joked, earning a glare from the boy she'd been mocking.

"Get out." Levi ordered the titan.

"Huh, but I'm not done. I still have ten full days left." Eren said.

"I'm satisfied. These two just gave you ten days worth of pain." The captain looked over to the two non-males.

"And humiliation." The ghoul chimed in.

"Don't worry, we've already talked it over with Premier Zackery. If we keep the brave hero who took on the armoured and colossal titan locked away, it kinda sends a bad message. Plus you were only defying the morons who had the beast armoured and cart at their mercy but let them get away." Hange reassured, slightly angering the ghoul.

"That's not true." Eren answered. When the group heard footsteps from the other cell, they looked over to see the mess that was Mikasa. "Did you lose some weight? That's odd we had plenty to eat."

"You look well enough." She answered with a croaky voice.

"Yeah I guess."

"Let's go. Get dressed already." Levi demanded the duo.

"Where are we going captain?" Eren asked.

"A state meeting." The captain answered.

"Queen Historia decided to pay a visit." Kaya added.

Authors note : : : I had to post 2 chapters because I wrote this one first then got the order mixed up. Also, I have no idea how I'm going to set out season 4 because I haven't read the manga and don't intend to. It's gonna be a little tricky considering there's a tonne of flashback episodes.