Chapter 7

It was the day after the trial, Kaya and her squad were making their way to a new base with the titan kid. The ghoul couldn't help but admire the scenery around her, even if Oluo's voice tried to ruin it for her.

"An architectural marvel, don't you agree? A proper royal residence once upon a time, and more recently, our former head quarters. Fancy, yes, but absurdly impractical once the scouts got down to business. Much to far a move from either river or wall." Kaya wished that Oluo would stop ruining this moment for her, she spent most her life in the underground and once she finally got to go new places, Oluo ruined it.

"This was the early days for us, you understand. Now this bobble is a holding cell, the place where we store our newest toy." Eren looked back towards Kaya and the captain in hopes of getting any clue on how he was supposed to act. "Don't be deceived green horn." The blonde scout said while leaning his head towards Erens.

"Excuse me." The green eyed boy questioned.

"Don't expect special treatment, whether you're Titan or not, don't imagine for a second we all share the good captains enthusiasm-" Just as he was about to finish his sentence, his horse misplaced its footing and caused the scout to bite his tongue.

"Maybe that'll teach you to shut your trap while on horseback." Kaya muttered.

They soon arrived at the new base, it was stunning, the ghoul thought that the vines heading up the walls gave it a mystical atmosphere. Petra continued to scold Oluo for his consistent whining the whole journey. "That's what you get for flapping your jowls on horseback." The strawberry blonde stated.

"The rookie needed to know his place, first impressions are important." The man defended.

"Your first impression to me sure was something." The ghoul snickered. She recalled the time where she ended up kicking most of the squads asses in combat training, causing her to chuckle.

"Yeah, and you made quite the impression on him there." Petra added.

"Indeed, our exchange went exactly as planned." Kaya deadpanned and wondered what his original plan was.

"What happened to you, you never used to talk like this?" The hazel eyed girl asked.

"Isn't it obvious. He's trying to be like the captain, wait till I tell him about his secret admirer." The ghoul teased.

"If you both intend to scold me like wives, then there's rather more you should be acquainted with before laying claim to the privilege." Oluo's failed attempts of flirting with them was both hilarious and disturbing, both of the girls looked at each other with a disgusted expression.

"What privilege, all I see is Oluo." She whispered to Petra making sure that the man in question could hear her. Oluos expression fell from proud to devastated.

"I'd tell you to bite your tongue but you've already got that covered. Next time I hope you bleed out." Petra said. Kaya began to wonder of to greet the newbie, knowing that Petra and Oluo would continue their verbal fight for a good few hours if not prevented.

"Whatcha thinking about." The ghoul asked him, Eren looked shocked so the amber eyed girl elaborated. "You just look deep in thought."

"Oh, I was just thinking about the squad, that's all ma'am." He quickly replied.

"Relax, I'm not your higher up, we technically have the same rank." She reassured, causing the titan shifter to nod his head. "Don't worry about Oluo, he tried to assert dominance when I first joined too. Once you damage his ego, you should be fine."

"I already know a lot about the rest of the squad, but what about you? I haven't heard much." He asked, eager to know what the ghoul was capable of.

"Well what do ya wanna know?" She replied, knowing it was going to be something of her life as a thief. She didn't mind though, her life in the underground was fun and exciting, but being a scout was more exhilarating.