Chapter 47

After Kaya's assault on the Jaw titan, her enemy tried to flee from capture, but the scouts managed to prevent his escape by blasting thunder spears into his hands. More and more scouts closed in on the shifter, who stood there, petrified of the devils. His situation didn't get any better, and most scouts thought that the jaw titan would soon be out of commission, that was until the cart titan made an appearance.

It was far different than when Kaya last encountered it. The cart on its back had been replaced with multiple canons and boxes, presumably harbouring soldiers who could utilise the weapons. In an instant, the canons began to fire, slaughtering the scouts and saving the jaw.

All the scouts began evasive manoeuvres, attempting to dodge the bullets that were racing towards them. Kaya didn't have to worry too much about the initial impact, but she still needed to dodge, regardless of her quick healing, the speed of the weapon could've led to some damage. So the ghoul followed the other scouts and managed to take cover in a building until the cart titan ceased fire.

"I thought we had the cart and jaw covered. So why the hell are they here so soon?" She muttered to herself, shortly feeling the ground rumble once again. "Judging by the footsteps, it's a large titan, I'd say Zeke's finally made his appearance, right on time."

"Lieutenant." The familiar voice of Tessa stated.

"I thought I told you to stay out of the centre." Kaya scolded.

"Actually, you didn't." Taylor countered. "Last we saw you, you told us to clear out soldiers in the east. It's clear now."

"If that's the case then I want you by my side, we need to take down those two." Kaya said as the girls all looked out of what used to be a window. "But not yet, we need to wait for an opening." She added after watching the Jaw and Cart take out any soldier who managed to get past their first line of defence.

"What about the beast titan?" Jade followed up.

"Not our problem, he'll be dealt with soon enough." She smirked, but that soon fell when she heard a sound that haunted her. "Get down!" The ghoul yelled as she stood directly in front of the window and pushed her squad to the ground. Most were confused until they heard the sounds of scouts yelling in pain, followed by a bombardment of rocks hitting against the building.

Next, there was another explosion, but the ghoul knew exactly the cause. Armin. Or as others may say, the colossal titan. He'd obeyed Hange's orders and despite his fear, he'd destroyed Marley's backup. The confidence of the warriors instantly decreased, along with any other civilian in Marleyan territory.

"Lieutenant, what was that?" Sally asked, joining her side to look at the explosion in the distance.

"The colossal titan." Kaya answered, digging her spikes into the ground to avoid being pushed away by the gust of wind. Next, she held onto Sally so she wouldn't face the same fate. "Let's go." The ghoul ordered, finding the distraction their best moment to attack. "We'll rendezvous with Sasha and Jean, they're in perfect positioning to attack the cart."

"But with all three of them still standing?" Tessa worried, looking at the Beast and Cart stood on the high ground, the jaw titan soon leaping away to attempt revenge.

"Kaya, the Jaw!" Jade observed, warning the ghoul.

"Hey! Focus, I gave you orders, follow them." Kaya scolded, seeing a green cape fly past her and towards the Beast titan, following his schedule. Levi took down Zeke in an instant, using his distraction to his advantage while Kaya and her squad used their gear to make it to the others. "Keep going, I'll cover you." She instructed and flew in the opposite direction, providing a new target for the soldiers in the cart to shoot at. Gracefully, the ghoul dodged the fire, spinning and changing directions as often as she could.