Chapter 4

Thud. Kaya groaned at a pain towards her legs. Then it happened again. Thud. The ghoul was now starting to get irritated, so she quickly sat up. It was still pitch black on the roof so she didn't understand why someone was once again kicking her. Shifting her gaze to the side, she was met with captain Levi who had his arms cross, waiting for her to get up.

"Figured you'd be up here." He said. "Get up and get ready, we don't want you jeopardising the expedition." Added the captain while turning to walk away.

"Hey." The ghoul called after him, causing him to turn around. "Who taught you to use ODM gear?" She enquiried.

"Huh?"

"Don't act dumb, I saw your technique when you were chasing me." She continued to question him. "So who taught you."

The captain then smirked. "That's classified." He mocked and then left through his own window.

The fox couldn't believe what she had just saw. The cold emotionless captain levi had just smirked at her, not only that, but he actually said something other than clicking his tongue. She quickly let her shock disappear and went to get ready for her day.

Shortly after, she went to meet her squad in the main hall, they were eating breakfast so Kaya tried to sit down unnoticed. For once, she was finally successful, and the team had understood not to question her. While they were all eating their food and Kaya was sat sipping her tea, a loud scream came from outside. Kaya flinched at the sudden sound and turned her head to see what looked to be a mad scientist at the door. They had bright brown eyes that were covered by goggles, and hair that looked as though it hadn't seen a shower in months. Kaya put her hand up to her nose, in hopes of avoiding the stench coming from the scientist. Due to her advanced sense of smell, she was not enjoying their presence.

"Section commander Hange, what are you doing here so early." Petra asked.

"I came to ask for your help." They squealed. "How would you like to help me capture a titan?" They said while walking over to Levi's side.

Everyone was silent, not wanting to go on a suicide mission. However, the ghoul was intrigued and let loose her signature smirk. "I'll do it." She spoke up, causing the goggled maniac to make their way over to her. "But on one condition, you really need to take a shower, I'm trying my best not to dig myself a grave just to try and limit your stench." She said while sipping her tea. This caused most of the squad to hold back a laugh, thinking that she was joking.

The scientist just laughed it off and then threw her arm around the ghoul. "Ah, are you the newbie. That would explain a lot. Hey how much do you know about titans, I could teach you a few things while I'm here." They invited.

"Listen four eyes, if you dont get off me and take a shower in the next five seconds I'm going to take those goggles and shove the-"

"Hange just do as the brat says and take a damn shower." The captain cut in, trying to get his new squad member under control. Kaya didn't know whether to be grateful or angered by his interruption.
.
.
.
"LET THE 53rd RECON MISSION BEGIN!" Commander Erwin shouted, causing the ground to shake under the weight of horses and carts speeding towards the gates. Over the loud noises of horses galloping, she was positive she heard the section commander screaming with joy and Kaya couldn't find the words to describe her confusion.

They rode their horses for a while, only coming across a few titans along the way. Kaya didn't fight any, even though she wanted to show off her skills. In the distance she saw the remains of an old village, it looked like it had supplies and other necessities stationed for emergencies.

"Where are we?" She asked her squad.

"An old town in wall Maria. We set up a base here a few weeks ago, so now we just need to secure it." Replied the captain.