Chapter 60

Upon their journey, it was made clear that the Yeagerists had taken over the pier, guarding the flying ship they needed to save the world. However, what confused the group most, was the fact that they hadn't destroyed it yet. What use could it possibly be to them? In anticipation, the saviours sat on a nearby cliff, observing the enemy and the threat they were going to face.

"I never expected Floch to take action this quickly." Hange spoke.

"If the Yeagerists destroy the flying boat, our plan would be dead in the water. So why haven't they done it already?" Magath added.

"Hard to say. If I had to guess, they suspect we're alive and maybe that we're trying to stop Eren, but they're not entirely sure. They could blow it up in a second if they wanted to, but they can't build another, without the Azumabito's knowledge, they'd have to start from scratch. They'll want to use it for themselves if they can, to make sure the mainlands been wiped clean. Plus, there are Azumabito ships here, that's their objective. To capture a small fleet and the technicians to keep it afloat. Regardless, the Yeagerists would sacrifice that objective if they caught wind of us." Hange revealed their knowledge, scaring everyone around.

"So they'll blow the flying boat to bits the second we're spotted?" Kaya added, Hange's nod confirming her belief. "Well, in that case, we can get caught, just not by the ones blowing up the ship." She guessed, but no one else saw her point.

"What are you saying ghoul?" Magath asked, confused as ever with Kaya's interpretation.

"As long as the message doesn't travel to those guys." She pointed her hand at some of the guard near some explosives. "They won't know we're here. The boat won't get blown up."

"She's right, if we send our most elite to save the Azumabito's, we might be able to savour enough time to secure the boats, we may not even need the nine." The commander of the scouts agreed. "Go make sure everyone's geared up, I'll deal with the details of the plan." They then instructed Kaya, who didn't have the energy to make a remark about being a babysitter.

"Sure." The Lieutenant answered and slid down the cliff to inform the soldiers and warriors of their plan. "Everyone, get you're ODM gear on, I assume you're still familiar with it?" She alerted the younger group.

"Like riding a bike." Reiner replied, not knowing that the scouts weren't familiar with that type of machinery. However, the other's were too proud to admit that, so they guessed it was a yes.

"We have no choice but to kill them all with our first strike. It's the only way to secure the flying boat. To pull this off, everyone's got to be in sync. We need our power, and your fire power. Understood." Annie decided to speak the topic that rested on everyone's minds, some of them still reluctant to kill their old comrades. Though, her approach was far more demanding, which the ghoul was shocked by, considering Annie was one of the youngest there.

"Just hold on a second?" Connie tried to intervene.

"What's the problem?" Annie shot back, forcing Connie to backtrack, instead, Mikasa spoke for him.

"The Yeagerists are holding the Azumabito's hostage, we need to keep them out of the line of fire." Mikasa reasoned.

"Yeah. Exactly." Connie agreed.

"You expect me to care about that? We won't protect people who have been destroying our homeland just because they are your distant cousins." The girl retorted.

"Slow down Annie." Pieck interrupted.

"The Yeagerist's have the technicians too, we need them for the ship to take off and to make any possible repairs." Kaya stated, agreeing with Pieck.