Chapter 58

It was still late at night, majority of the party were awake, both grieving and worrying of the events they'd faced. Marleyans and Eldians alike, everyone was terrified, but the ghouls head rested on a different situation, one where she was happy, when everyone was. Before their future went to shit.

.
.
.

It was a sunny summers morning and the scouts had arranged a infiltration mission onto Marley

It was a sunny summers morning and the scouts had arranged a infiltration mission onto Marley. It was their first mission overseas, but there wasn't an ounce of nervousness amongst them. Connie, Sasha and Jean were all leaning on the edge of the boat, looking at the sea and towards the land they were about to adventure. Jean occasionally having to shush the others for accidentally slipping up and revealing too much about their real lives. Each of them dressed formally to sit under Marley's radar. Eren and Mikasa were at the front of the boat, ever since they'd first discovered the sea, the two had acted more strangely to one another.

The other four scouts stood further away, peering at the enemy territory they were about to stroll upon. There was no need for nerves, in fact, the port looked magical, heavenly compared to what they were used to, especially for those who lived in the underground. Everything looked too good to be true. And they were all for it.

"If you think about it, this is sort of a return to the scouts' original mission." Hange stated, eyes still glued on their destination. Armin soon smiling along with their perspective. "Let the survey begin." They said in determination.

Kaya was still stood in awe, she never expected this when she heard about Marley. But her vision may have been bias, due to Marley being responsible for their imprisonment inside the walls, partially.

"Kaya?" Levi brushed her hair out of her eyes, attempting to see what had her so fixated that she ignored what blocked her vision.

"Hm?" She replied, finally averting her eyes away from the port. It was like he could read her mind, a skill he'd developed over time. Kaya was distracted and a look of envy was masked behind her adoration of the beauty.

"What's on your mind?" The captain asked.

"You?" She raised a brow, awaiting the response to her effortless and transparent lie.

Levi's lips curved into a small smile, but he soon took his usual worried expression back. "As much as I'd love that." He began. "You're lying. So what's actually going on up there." He pointed towards his own head.

"It's stupid." She sighed. "I don't get how these guys get to live like this, while we were deprived of sunlight our whole childhood. It isn't fair." She muttered, making sure no bystanders could hear her complaints.

Levi understood her point, he too, was envious. "I see. But soon, we'll have our own port, decorate it real nice like this place." He assured. "There won't be any boundaries to or from the underground, Historia promised us that."

"How come you always know exactly what to say?" She smiled.

"Because I know who I'm talking to." He placed his palm over the ghouls hand, both of them resting onto the side of the boat. It was clear that they'd reached a point in their relationship where neither enjoyed any time apart, and considering Kaya recently received a new squad, their time together had decreased. Forcing them to cherish moments like these.