Chapter 25

"So that's your plan, to sneak in aimlessly? And you're putting Mikasa in danger?" Eren accused the scouts. Levi had explained the plan and many of the scouts disagreed and were quite insulted after they recalled what happened last time they got themselves kidnapped.

"Mikasa isn't going to be in any danger. First off, Mikasa is one of the strongest here, that's why we chose her. Secondly, I refuse to let anything happen to her, if it comes to it, I'll put my life on the line." Kaya reassured, knowing that her own safety was already guaranteed.

"It's things go south, we'll pull out of the mission and go try again elsewhere. The safety of the squad is my top priority." Levi added. "Besides, from what I understand from your trial, you both have a habit for dealing with kidnappers, yes?"

"That's different." Eren answered.

"How exactly? Is it because those kids are in the underground? Or because our plan saves countless lives and brings down the chances of it happening in the future to a decimal?" The ghoul retorted.

Eren was about to argue until Mikasa stepped in front of him and stopped him in his tracks. "I'll do it." She stated.

"I'm in too, but only because I'll be the one to save you when it all goes to hell." Said Jean.

"Who's to say she'll need saving from you? Mikasa is perfectly capable of taking care of herself." Eren argued.

"Huh, you think you're more qualified to save her?" Jean insulted.

Their bickering came to a halt when Kaya smashed her fist into a nearby table, causing the dust around it to scatter with a bang. "Right now, none of you idiots are qualified to save Mikasa. If you act like this on the mission, then I'm sure Mikasa will be the one to save your asses again." Kaya yelled, making the boys quieten down. "Teenagers." She huffed.

"Now that those two have finished asserting their dominance, is anyone else willing to join?" Kaya changed the subject.

Sasha and Connie looked at each other and raised their hands, the only one left was Armin. It was understandable for the blonde to want to sit the mission out, but with all eyes on him, he raised his hand.

"Good, we're leaving in a few hours." The captain informed.

"Oh and Mikasa, this is going to sound creepy but dress in an appealing way for kidnappers." Kaya finished before leaving for her temporary room in the orphanage.

Kaya took to her own advice and wore a dress for the first time in a while, along with some heals. It wasn't that she didn't look nice wearing dresses, the ghoul just thought they were slightly impractical, thus meaning she often passed up the opportunity to wear them. Once she was dressed, she stashed a few blades and a small gun into compartments in her skirt and looked at herself in the mirror.

 Once she was dressed, she stashed a few blades and a small gun into compartments in her skirt and looked at herself in the mirror

She looked quite good, though she preferred wearing suits. Nevertheless, she did look appealing to the audience she was hoping to attract and just hoped that their plan would work out. "Not too bad." She admired.