Chapter 10: attacked in a bathroom 😏

George POV.

I walked around for about half an hour, through alleyways, malls, train stations, and anywhere else I could think of to try and lose the pair of stalkers following me. Every twenty feet or so I would look over my shoulder and see Dream’s henchmen tailing me.

Even when I stopped off at a cafe for a late breakfast, I saw them sitting on the other side of the cafe, drinking some hot drink each in a takeaway cup, so they could stand up and follow me when I stood up to move. They kept their eyes on me, but whenever I made eye contact with either of them they turned away.

It confused me why Dream would have people watching me everywhere I went. Unless he had a reason to be suspicious of me. Does that mean he’s figured out that I’m a superhero? No it can’t be, surely he’d have killed me already if he’d known.

I just had to assume that they were watching me to see if I was going to go to the cops. They probably had a gun each, with bullets that had my name on it. After I finished my food, and took my time looking for an escape I stood up. I decided to sneak into the bathroom and come up with another escape plan.

Not even a minute after I walked in and hid inside one of the stalls in the bathroom, did someone else walk in. I knelt down on the ground and peered under to see one of the two men who had been following me earlier.

It made me feel like he was my bodyguard, except one that I didn’t want to have, which sounds like it could be a good story. Still, I didn’t want that to happen. From looking in the mirror I saw him on his phone, seemingly texting someone.

A plan quickly formulated in my mind and I scrunched my fists up into a ball and I felt a rush of electricity surge through my arms. Because I had been injured I hadn’t used my power in a while, so it took a moment to get used to the feeling of an electrical surge running through my body again.

After I took a moment to get used to the feeling again I slowly and silently unlocked the door, planning on using a sneak attack. The only problem was that after I did this, Dream's henchmen, or Dream himself, might realise that I have some power, or at least some secret about being stronger than I looked.

However, that shitty apartment would be sold, so I guess it wouldn’t be all bad. But for now let's not focus on that. I unlocked the door, but before I opened it I looked under the walls of the cubicle to make sure he wasn’t paying any attention to where I was, and fortunately for me, he wasn’t.

In a quick movement I flung open the door and jumped around the corner before roundhouse kicking the man in the chest. He fell to the floor and let out a groan before I pinned him down by putting a knee on his chest. The man sent a few punches at me, most of which I blocked with my arms but one hit my nose and I could feel a liquid beginning to trickle down my face.

My hands reached to his neck, planning to send a jolt through his body which would knock him unconscious, however before I could do that I felt a sharp pain in my neck making me groan. I glared in the direction that the attack had come from to see the other henchman standing there holding an empty syringe which he pocketed.

He grabbed my arms, pulling me off of the other and holding me up, which I was partially thankful for because my body was starting to feel too heavy to stand on its own. The other henchman stood up and I saw his lips moving as he talked to the other, but I couldn’t understand what he was saying.

The man who I had attacked grabbed a paper towel which was in a dispenser by the sink and used it to wipe the blood off of my face. I squirmed in the other man's grip to try and avoid this but it didn’t work. Between the two of them they managed to sneak me out of a fire exit which was conveniently located right beside the bathrooms and they sat down with me in an alleyway.

Once again they started talking while sitting on some wooden beer crates. Some of the words I understood were ‘car’, ‘call,’ ‘dock,’ and ‘casino’. I tried to figure out what these words meant but couldn’t in my woozy state. The pair had sat me down on the cold ground between them and my heavy bowling ball head rested on one of their legs while they stopped me from slumping over.

Who knows how long passed before a van stopped in front of us in the alley and they lifted me up again. They dragged me into the back of the van and I was laid down with one of the unmasked henchmen sitting beside me. The other unmasked henchman climbed into the front seat and sat beside a platinum blonde henchman who was masked.

I couldn’t see anything else as a blindfold was pulled over my face, and after grumbling quietly about the situation for a while I fell into a dazed sleep.

Karl POV.

“Where is he!” I continued to panic, continuing to pace back and forth in the mission room of the headquarters. Our inside informant in the police, a man named Ant, was shown on the screen, a call we’d had on for almost a day, since I wanted to know everything that the police were doing to find my best friend.

I get that George has superpowers, and a range of attacks that he could use, but I still was allowed to worry about him, he was my best friend after all. Techno and Bad had been in and out of the room all day, searching places where Dream had been suspected to hang out in the past. Sadly though none of the searches came back successful.

“You know people are searching Karl. We’re all trying our best to find George over here, and Bad, Techno, Phil, and everyone else is trying just as hard on your end.” Ant spoke in a reassuring tone, he was the only one who knew about all of us and our identities. “Plus George could take out anyone who tried to come near him with his electricity.”

“I know, I know.” I huffed, “I’m just paranoid.” Ant let out a hum of understanding at my words, he was also like our therapist at times since he often heard me or one of the other heroes rambling about something.

“Look, all of Dream’s previously known whereabouts are being investigated. But I believe tonight there is a raid at the Las Nevadas casino, that’s the police’s last lead to Dream.” Ant explained, before someone called his name from another room.

“Sorry Karl, I need to go.” He apologised, before leaving without giving me the chance to say anything.
I was now alone again in the meeting room, and let out a sigh before beginning to pace back and forth in the room again, continuing to worry about my best friend.
_________________________________________
1257 words